Sign in to follow this  
King of Dick Mountain

Your 2018/2019 Toronto Maple Leafs

Interesting that Babcock would be the one who'd have to give him the ok. Usually when asked about any injury he always says he doesn't know, the doctors will tell him.

Probably wouldn't be tonight, but maybe we could see him tomorrow? Getting a fresher leg out there in 2nd night of a back to back? 

Holy crap, I know we always talk about "that other forum" as a toxic cesspool but I was browsing and I read on Matthews.

Half the fanbase over there has turned on Matthews. I have read things like Matthews isn't worth a 1st rounder, to trade him now while he has value, and all sorts of idiotic things. It's ridiculous how many idiots are in this fanbase. The unrealistic expectations. It's almost fascinating how the narrative changes weekly on players.

You people are crazy but atleast you're not that fucked.  

We literally do not deserve good things. Not with these morons around.

Edited by §andman

10 minutes ago, §andman said:

Holy crap, I know we always talk about "that other forum" as a toxic cesspool but I was browsing and I read on Matthews.

Half the fanbase over there has turned on Matthews. I have read things like Matthews isn't worth a 1st rounder, to trade him now while he has value, and all sorts of idiotic things. It's ridiculous how many idiots are in this fanbase. The unrealistic expectations. It's almost fascinating how the narrative changes weekly on players.

It’s not just this fanbase... on that same site on the Oilers board there are even a few people calling out McDavid for taking games off and not putting in enough effort defensively!

There are idiots everywhere!

I was listening to a clip on TSN and even though it's pretty visible, they mentioned how Matthews' scoring chances are way further down when he plays with Marleau. Why is this still a combination? It's not like Marleau provides Matthews what Hyman did. I think it's time put Nylander back with Matthews and throw Johnsson on the left side! Marleau, Kadri and Kapanen as the third line. Ennis, Gauthier and Brown as the 4th.

1 hour ago, §andman said:

What makes it worse is that anyone, especially from the media, can pick and choose any comment they want and make the entire fanbase look like a joke because of a very small group of people. It's more applicable to Toronto sports teams because they have attention seeking reporters, and a large online fan presence which obviously leads to extremes on both sides of the spectrum. 

13 hours ago, §andman said:

Matthews is going through something right now I think about but two issues arise here:1) I don't like how Babcock is employing him and trying to make him the best third liner to ever play the game and Marleau needs to be replaced with Nylander -it's getting stupid to watch(but there may be long-term benefits to this that I'm not seeing) 2)He's still a kid finding his way.  He has the talent and skill to be one of the best in the game without a doubt and he's still producing  just not nearly as much as he's capable of and should be.

Turning on him or criticizing him en masse is very short-term toxic attitude, filled with the immaturity you expect among the unwashed.

1 hour ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Because Babcock isn't a very good coach any more, if he ever was.

Pffft.  Sure he is.  He's WAY better than a whole bunch of guys we had here before him.  Don't look know, but we're a good team now.  Magic!

Pretty sure there trying to get Marleau's way of life nutrition, dedication to the game to rub off on to Mathews. 

Marleau may not be perfect but he can still move, and he can still read plays a lot better then most of our forwards, watch him away from the puck. 

Yes I am well aware of Marleau's strengths.  His strengths are also a weakness on the top scoring line.  Babcock has holes just like every other coach does he just has less than most  but this is unquestionably one of them.