Sign in to follow this  
CognitiveBias

Nylander Signs for 6yrs/6.9M AAV(Where was Nylander?)

1 hour ago, Armster said:

If last night didn't show some of you dickheads why 1) Nylander got the contract he did, 2) he will be an important part of this team long-term and will be here for a long-time, and c) that the AAV will be a discount as time passes, then you are some hopeless motherfuckers.

It’s was Kadri that scored the 3 goals. 

Kadri scored 77 goals over the past 2.5 seasons, 7th most among nhl Centers. 

Kadri signed for $4.5 million and didn’t hold out. 

Yeah but Nylander is the tits, gotcha

Edited by uteck

All you have to do is watch the kid play. HIs poise with the puck, combined with his speed and shot is all you need to know.

He'll be fine once he finds his groove, and if it's in time for the playoffs ,,, all the better for leafs nation.

I think it's easily missed by some fans just how difficult it is to get your timing back after missing games and practices, and it's even more difficult at the speed of the NHL. The guy was practicing with guys who couldn't make it to the NHL.

Edited by Wilma Fingerdo

1 hour ago, uteck said:

It’s was Kadri that scored the 3 goals. 

Kadri scored 77 goals over the past 2.5 seasons, 7th most among nhl Centers. 

Kadri signed for $4.5 million and didn’t hold out. 

Yeah but Nylander is the tits, gotcha

If this was a Kadri thread I would have spoken directly on how great a game I thought he had last night.  But it's not.  It's a Nylander thread and it was Nylander driving that line last night.  Sure though, keep grumbling about things that I never said or don't disagree with or are irrelevant to what I said.      

27 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

As I've said before, I want to trade Nylander not because I think he's useless or a floater or anything like that, it's because we need D more than we need him.

We can't outscore our problems in the regular season, we have no chance of doing so in the postseason.

Basically on the same boat here but to add it was the play of Kapanen that seemed good enough and even projectably better that factored into myself also thinking that Nylander could fetch us a decent D man. 

6 minutes ago, Armster said:

"Projectably" better?   In what way?   Kapanen does nothing better than Nylander except kill penalties.

I was stating that with the meaning of Kapanen himself is going to become better himself.

For anyone who wants to pretend that last night was the first time Nylander played well because you finally saw his name in the box score... Since he returned to the lineup, he’s tied with Marner for the 4th most individual scoring chances at even strength with each of them generating 45. Over that stretch, Marner has played 311 even strength minutes while Nylander has played significantly fewer at 264. Marner has shot a ridiculous 23.3% in those minutes while Nylander has shot just 3.1%. 

Nylander has been generating plenty of chances, even if he hasn’t looked quite like the player we’ve seen in the last two years. He’s averaged around 10-11% shooting over his career, the pucks are going to start going in. Oh and try not to call for Mitchy’s head when his shooting percentage starts normalizing too.

Edited by Unsung Hero

So I keep watching Leaf games and keep seeing Nylander floating around as if he couldn't be bothered fighting for possession. Geez, $10+ million spent for half a season of this bs is quite a joke. As much as I'm a Nylander fan, this is ummm, well, I really feel we need to just get the guy a couch and put it on the bench for him. It looks like he needs some beauty sleep during the games or something.

Edited by CognitiveBias

Nylander’s effort last night was pathetic. I just can’t wrap my head around holding out for big money and then playing at 70%. You would think he would have a bit more pride than he is showing. 

Edited by uteck