Sign in to follow this  
majingir

Rick Nash to Toronto?

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/first-up-with-landsberg-and-colaiacovo

Basically suggests Nash ends up with the Marlies(more like a conditioning stint) and joins Leafs near end of the season.

Would anyone be opposed to that? Basically he'd be like a deadline acquisition without having to give up anything for him.

If we more or less end up with Rick Nash, even at this point in his carrer playing in our bottom 6, I'm assuming at a really low cap hit, we're doing a pretty good job.

Edited by HBCYG

Meh. Leafs have a full roster as it is and don't have Willie signed yet. 

Where does Nash go? Third line? Fourth? Who does he replace? Do the Leafs trade a forward to make room? Do they demote a young guy? Does that guy need waivers?

Unless Nash can play 20 minutes on the blueline, I don't see where he fits unless a number of forwards go down with injury, and even then, I'm sure a few Marlies fit a bottom 6 role better than he does. 

I mean, we’re talking about minimum, a month from now... so anything can happen. Johnsson has been really disappointing so far and lindholm is practically non existent. So if Nylander isn’t signed, or if no major injuries come along, I think this is a great, no risk move... even if it costs Ennis his job 🤷🏽‍♂️... oh well

22 hours ago, loxcane said:

I mean, we’re talking about minimum, a month from now... so anything can happen. Johnsson has been really disappointing so far and lindholm is practically non existent. So if Nylander isn’t signed, or if no major injuries come along, I think this is a great, no risk move... even if it costs Ennis his job 🤷🏽‍♂️... oh well

Ennis should have all of his 25 goals by then, so time for............. out with the used up and in with the production.

27 minutes ago, loxcane said:

Honest question here... are you piggy backig on my joke? Or do you think I was being serious?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand uteck. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also his nonsensical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. 

1 hour ago, Commissar Yarrick said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand uteck. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also his nonsensical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. 

yeah...whadeva this guy says

1 hour ago, loxcane said:

Honest question here... are you piggy backig on my joke? Or do you think I was being serious?

Honest answer......at the signing you thought he was going to have a rebound year...meaning his signing would be a pleasant surprise....which it hasn't been so far. Personally I was a little less than meh on Ennis from the start, but was hoping to be proved wrong.

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike uteck truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in his existential questioning of the very nature of reality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as his genius wit unfolds itself on their laptop screens.

What fools.. how I pity them.

6 minutes ago, Commissar Yarrick said:

The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike uteck truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in his existential questioning of the very nature of reality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as his genius wit unfolds itself on their laptop screens.

What fools.. how I pity them.

Dude...you sit squarely amongst the fools....in fact, you could be/are King Fool.....or better yet Tsar Foolsky

Edited by uteck

11 minutes ago, Commissar Yarrick said:

See how he invokes the idea of a Tsarist Bolshevik; a notion that seems, at first-glance, to be breathtakingly stupid, while also aping the Nadsat literary construct. 

Horrorshow.

Good point

Commissar Foolnev....better? No?

Yeah....I would sign Nash to a two way Marlies contract

2 hours ago, uteck said:

Honest answer......at the signing you thought he was going to have a rebound year...meaning his signing would be a pleasant surprise....which it hasn't been so far. Personally I was a little less than meh on Ennis from the start, but was hoping to be proved wrong.

Ummm... he had one good game on Matthews’ line in exhibition, it was not at the time of the signing. And I was being facetious. I still do think he could be a pleasant surprise... the 25/25 thing was the joke, not my optimism.

2 hours ago, loxcane said:

Ummm... he had one good game on Matthews’ line in exhibition, it was not at the time of the signing. And I was being facetious. I still do think he could be a pleasant surprise... the 25/25 thing was the joke, not my optimism.

It's amazing someone that is so often wrong hold on to something so insignificant for so long isn't it?

1 hour ago, Armster said:

It's amazing someone that is so often wrong hold on to something so insignificant for so long isn't it?

Come on Armster, you aren’t always wrong. Sure, you are wrong a significant percentage of the time, but not always. 

4 hours ago, Armster said:

In his defence... when I made the joke, I think you were the only one that recognized it was a joke... which in itself was why it was funny. What can ya do?