Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Marner

And he should be paid. He deserves every single penny. I am really looking forward to the negotiations... will the Leafs accept what he wants right away? I’m thinking he’ll take a little less to help out the team, but thats what i thought about Willy too.. 

10 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Even with how he’s playing, around 8 seems fair for a RFA. 

The issue is nylanders ask of 8 is screwing with what perceived values are.

Nylander has nothing to do with what I think Marner will get or deservedly ask for.  

Just now, Armster said:

Nylander has nothing to do with what I think Marner will get or deservedly ask for.  

Then where is 10 mil for a restricted free agent coming from? He’d be one of the highest paid players in the league coming off an ELC. 

As a free agent sure, not as a RFA

5 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Then where is 10 mil for a restricted free agent coming from? He’d be one of the highest paid players in the league coming off an ELC. 

As a free agent sure, not as a RFA

10 is on the high end but you aren't getting him for under 9-9.5 over 8 years if he scores 90+ this year.  If you do you laugh all the way to the bank.

It seems more likely than salary cap inflation is being missed in these discussions.

Great problems to have.......us with all these elite players needing major money.  

Marner has been frigging amazing, so he deserves a boat-load of cash.  I dunno how we'll handle everything but whatever!  Should be interesting.