Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Marner

Just now, Holymakinaw said:

Anyone remember the "Marner vs. Matthews" thread?  

I'm not saying he's better than Matthews, because Matthews is also incredible.  But who knows?  Marner is on pace for 100+ points right now.

He goes about it pretty differently though. They’re both elite in their own ways. Tough to compare them.

1 minute ago, Holymakinaw said:

Anyone remember the "Marner vs. Matthews" thread?  

I'm not saying he's better than Matthews, because Matthews is also incredible.  But who knows?  Marner is on pace for 100+ points right now.

Man you really trying to push this narrative.  FYI Matthews is on pace for 131 points.   Marner's awesome, he's not Matthews.  Which is also awesome for us fans.

Just now, loxcane said:

He goes about it pretty differently though. They’re both elite in their own ways. Tough to compare them.

For sure.  But it sure is exciting to have 2 guys under 24, who are capable of 100 point seasons, like right now, eh?  :)  

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Man you really trying to push this narrative.  FYI Matthews is on pace for 131 points.   Marner's awesome, he's not Matthews.  Which is also awesome for us fans.

Sure, why not?  Nothing wrong with that, is there?  Some healthy debate.

(and I've only "pushed this narrative" once in like, 4 months....)

Edited by Holymakinaw

3 minutes ago, Holymakinaw said:

Sure, why not?  Nothing wrong with that, is there?  Some healthy debate.

(and I've only "pushed this narrative" once in like, 4 months....)

Ok.  

I think Marner's awesome.  I think he's in that mix with Rielly, Andersen, and Tavares for second best player on the team behind Matthews.  He, however, is far and away the best playmaker on the team and that's really shining with Tavares as his centre.

Man, I hope Tavares scores 50 goals and cracks 90 points, playing with Marner.  That guy had such a shit-show of a time in New York for the 9 years or whatever he was there for......he deserves a year like this, and a cup, and tons of women, and 11 million dollars, and free tickets to Medieval Times.

2 hours ago, Armster said:

It's pretty fun, and weird, having a player as elite Marner and he's still not the best player we have.

40 minutes ago, uteck said:

In terms of size related skill, Marner is below Matthews.

In terms of Hockey IQ and playing the game, I give the edge to Marner.

If you could merge Marner and Matthews you would have Mario

hero_chara_mario_pc.png

Merging them gives you something like Marthews.

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Actually, that's not accurate. The posts where you try to make a serious point by, apparently, randomly smashing your fists on your keyboard like a wacky waving arm-flailing inflatable tube man with epilepsy fail way, way harder.

Yawn