Armster

Marner

as much as i hated the nylander negotiations, they at least never went public.   in this case, i'd be even clearer than you morri.  i'd take a lou approach.  you go public again, and your client is done here.

i think going public after saying you won't negotiate in season, and on the very day one of your best friends signs his contract, is a cowardly and embarrassing move that someone with zero class takes.    

2 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

as much as i hated the nylander negotiations, they at least never went public.   in this case, i'd be even clearer than you morri.  i'd take a lou approach.  you go public again, and your client is done here.

i think going public after saying you won't negotiate in season, and on the very day one of your best friends signs his contract, is a cowardly and embarrassing move that someone with zero class takes.    

I think for all of the shit around Nylander, they respected the club and the process.

Marner's agent and his dad are just taking great big shits everywhere. This is already worse than the Nylander negotiations and it’s been less than a day.

38 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I can't imagine the shit storm if Nylander's dad said this. Slick Mitchy's agent is consistently making things public and it's like "oh, he loves Toronto, so I'm not concerned."

I think the Don Cherry mindset is at play here to a degree.  Mitch is a good old Ontario boy.

But yeah, zero professionalism. Not good.

Do we know for sure that marners agent didn’t say this about the negotiations from the summer? If they were negotiating feeling like Mitch was going to put up 100 point season and asking for 8x10 and the leafs were negotiating for a 60 point winger and offering 8x7 let’s say... then yeah that looks like a low ball, because Mitchy has dominated this year. That doesn’t mean they’re going to revisit negotiations at the same number... so if they haven’t met since the season started, how is this even relevant? Typical Toronto newspaper bullshit.

1 minute ago, loxcane said:

Do we know for sure that marners agent didn’t say this about the negotiations from the summer? If they were negotiating feeling like Mitch was going to put up 100 point season and asking for 8x10 and the leafs were negotiating for a 60 point winger and offering 8x7 let’s say... then yeah that looks like a low ball, because Mitchy has dominated this year. That doesn’t mean they’re going to revisit negotiations at the same number... so if they haven’t met since the season started, how is this even relevant? Typical Toronto newspaper bullshit.

it’s possible that it’s been misrepresented.

I doubt he says anything new. I think everyone knows that all along he was gonna come in 1-1.5 under Matthews for the same term. The only question is, does he want to sign for 8 years at a more reasonable term. And I think that’s the only thing you can take away from his agent’s comment... that he probably doesn’t. 5 years $10.1-$10.6 easy peasy.

Yes but nobody is talking about the numbers situation so much as it appears they are airing the dirty laundry of the negotiations.   Hopefully, it's just a one off and the interview says nothing about it.  

ferris is saying those comments were taken out of context, he's saying those comments were from the summer, etc.   (which would be difficult considering he commented on the matthews contract results, so he might be a time traveler if those comments were from the summer)

he is trying to walk everything back, which is a lie, but i'm happy he's going to stfu publicly.   obviously someone talked to him since last night.  ferris is a total clown.

Edited by Pai Mei

They had the opportunity to negotiate earlier. Dumb now the team will come to them and say this is were you fit in at, now that the other players are signed. 

There is no negotiation power on marner's side look at the numbers ferris?

3 hours ago, TuckerIntensity said:

I can't imagine the shit storm if Nylander's dad said this. Slick Mitchy's agent is consistently making things public and it's like "oh, he loves Toronto, so I'm not concerned."

Yeah, for as involved as Nylanders dad was rumoured to be, at least he never pulled the shit Marners dad and Agent have now done. Really not a good look for Marner and I’m not going to lie, I’m now concerned about how his contract is going to play out. 

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Yeah, for as involved as Nylanders dad was rumoured to be, at least he never pulled the shit Marners dad and Agent have now done. Really not a good look for Marner and I’m not going to lie, I’m now concerned about how his contract is going to play out. 

Gotcha. Be quiet and hold out and then come back and float is so much better than .......playing your ass off and shutting your mouth.

Seriously, why does anyone give a fuck what a players agent or dad says.

you all have lost the plot. It only matters what you do on the ice.

25 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Ya. That's one reason I wasn't all uppity about Willie. It was all pretty private for Toronto. Obviously it was in the media, butt neither side really got personal or public to gain an advantage. So I don't like that part from Ferris. I don't fault him or Marner for trying time get every penny, though. 

The comments definitely make me think he would sign an offer sheet though.

4 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Ya. That's one reason I wasn't all uppity about Willie. It was all pretty private for Toronto. Obviously it was in the media, butt neither side really got personal or public to gain an advantage. So I don't like that part from Ferris. I don't fault him or Marner for trying time get every penny, though. 

Take the compensation, use the space to sign Panarin or Karlsson.

20 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Edited by Mantis Toboggan
Double post 15 minutes later

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Take the compensation, use the space to sign Panarin or Karlsson.

Mantis is Chiarelli....who the fuck knew

Don't sign arguably your best player for unknown first rounders, and keep a floater in Nylander and overpay an older UFA. Brilliant, just fucking brilliant

all because I don't like the agent

Edited by uteck