Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

GDT: Red Wings at Maple Leafs | Thursday December 6, 2018 @ 7:00PM EST - Sportsnet | Welcome Back, Willy! Edition

57 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

Not a fan of Babcock pushing Kapanen to the third line. Would rather see him and Marleau Switch 

Thing is,...Has he ever played the other wing? I read somewhere (cannot recall where) but that he would feel uncomfortable on the opposite wing but,..I'm sure in time he would get use to it, especially playing with those two. Maybe in time Babcock throws him out there and see how it goes. Hope he tries it anyhow at some point....soon.

36 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

They'd have to flip wings. What I would love is a clone of Zach Hyman on Matthews' other wing. Because I do like Marleau with Kadri... and that top line could use a Hyman type. 

(maybe not the thread for it but quickly) If...we did end up trading Gardiner I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan Greenway step into that role you speak of. ( say Gardiner, Brown and a first for Greenway and Jonas Brodin)

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Thing is,...Has he ever played the other wing? I read somewhere (cannot recall where) but that he would feel uncomfortable on the opposite wing but,..I'm sure in time he would get use to it, especially playing with those two. Maybe in time Babcock throws him out there and see how it goes. Hope he tries it anyhow at some point....soon.

He said recently that he would love to play on the left side with Matthews and Nylandeeand Nylander

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

He said recently that he would love to play on the left side with Matthews and Nylander

I like what you are reading better than me :P

Was that said in an interview or written down somewhere? nevertheless I  believe you and it should be tried at the very least.

I used to love to play the off wing. And the way they break out these days, handedness really doesn’t matter. They’re not waiting at the point for the hardaround. All it takes is a criss cross in the centre depending who’s carrying the puck and it all comes out even. 

13 minutes ago, loxcane said:

I used to love to play the off wing. And the way they break out these days, handedness really doesn’t matter. They’re not waiting at the point for the hardaround. All it takes is a criss cross in the centre depending who’s carrying the puck and it all comes out even. 

For sure. I am sure he could adapt. 

Seems like everyone nowadays up front almost plays like a centerman.

For tonight I just gotta say,...C'mon Team, don't snuff this game off. Stay alert, stay poised, and giver from the get go!