Sign in to follow this  
Armster

Site cost

Love this site.  Love y'all.   It's not expensive to run by any means but it's 1,100 year.  I've been able to mostly carry that with help here and there but because of personal stuff I can't anymore so I'm asking for you folks help.  Anything would be great if you can.  Shoot me a message or you can use the donations side bar. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

@Jhator should be able to contribute 

I’ve actually thought about paying the bill to run the place once BrainBag takes off. I’ve learned a lot from some of the members of this site and one connection from a previous iteration of the forum has been quite helpful in getting BB off the ground. I came off as boastful in that other thread, but that was not my intention. Both my parents grew up poor but now have money. I was born right around the time my dad landed the job that got them where they are, so when I was growing up we always had money. We were raised not to show off, but to share. We had a ski boat, and we would rent a cottage that was attached to a resort that had a bunch of smaller cottages all on one property. Instead of boating all day with kids watching that couldn’t afford one, we were always told to go around and ask if any of the other kids wanted a ride or anything. Basically ended up as a boating service where we would take kids out on the boat all day and try to dump them off the tubes. My dad loved it because he got to flip kids in the air off the tubes, mom loved it cuz it was quiet back on shore and she could read books and stuff, and we loved it because we had other kids to tube with. My parents both said that they were poor as fuck as kids, but not blind. They’d see other kids doing the proverbial boating and wished that they could have a turn some time. I guess we were raised to pay it forward before Haley Joel osment made it cool.. anyways.. I’m guessing that post was meant as a shot, but whatever. 

@Armster I’ve always really appreciated you shouldering the costs here, really wish I was in a position to help now. Hopefully soon. Inch by inch at this point.

52 minutes ago, Jhator said:

I’ve actually thought about paying the bill to run the place once BrainBag takes off. I’ve learned a lot from some of the members of this site and one connection from a previous iteration of the forum has been quite helpful in getting BB off the ground. I came off as boastful in that other thread, but that was not my intention. Both my parents grew up poor but now have money. I was born right around the time my dad landed the job that got them where they are, so when I was growing up we always had money. We were raised not to show off, but to share. We had a ski boat, and we would rent a cottage that was attached to a resort that had a bunch of smaller cottages all on one property. Instead of boating all day with kids watching that couldn’t afford one, we were always told to go around and ask if any of the other kids wanted a ride or anything. Basically ended up as a boating service where we would take kids out on the boat all day and try to dump them off the tubes. My dad loved it because he got to flip kids in the air off the tubes, mom loved it cuz it was quiet back on shore and she could read books and stuff, and we loved it because we had other kids to tube with. My parents both said that they were poor as fuck as kids, but not blind. They’d see other kids doing the proverbial boating and wished that they could have a turn some time. I guess we were raised to pay it forward before Haley Joel osment made it cool.. anyways.. I’m guessing that post was meant as a shot, but whatever. 

@Armster I’ve always really appreciated you shouldering the costs here, really wish I was in a position to help now. Hopefully soon. Inch by inch at this point.

It was a bit of a joke at your expense but nothing too serious

25 minutes ago, Jhator said:

With jokes like yours we should be paying you to stick around

lol, OR we can bid me off the site, say we get 10 people to donate at least a hundred bucks then you and me kick in 50 -=1100

Only stipualtion is I am allowed to come back for the playoff run. 

and GO!!!

Edited by Danny

On 12/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, uteck said:

I will send you $150. But don’t want you to stop randomly posting...... what an idiot Uteck is. That would just be wrong. 

That's awesome, Uteck.  .  I don't agree with a lot of what you post (mostly politics) but your generosity towards the site should help to dispel the thought process that you're just a troll.  The fact that you're sending in a sizable contribution indicates how much you love this site; good on ya's mate!

5 hours ago, Al Nadir said:

That's awesome, Uteck.  .  I don't agree with a lot of what you post (mostly politics) but your generosity towards the site should help to dispel the thought process that you're just a troll.  The fact that you're sending in a sizable contribution indicates how much you love this site; good on ya's mate!

Agree entirely.

As one of the millennial who started going on hockey forums at the tender age of like 10, a lot of us have grown tremendously as people with the help of this site. I for one owe a lot to some of the older members for them challenging me during discussions.

Thank you fuckers and thank uteck for the sizable donation

Edited by Kulemin