Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Leafs @ Devils.

2 hours ago, loxcane said:

That right there tells you everything you need to know about hyman

Kessel? Did it one time too, to Mason Raymond i believe or, fuck whats the wingers name that only played a couple games and went back to marlies.. kunz? A tiny guy like Marner, but super fast.. Forget it.. im too tired.

6 hours ago, GeneralT001 said:

How long will it take for all the Nylanders lovers to finally come around.

As long as it takes for the Nylander “haters” to understand that every player is prone to a slump... which seems incredibly unlikely. It really wouldn’t surprise me to find out  that you were bitching and moaning about Marner when he went through his last season, too.

1 hour ago, Morrison7 said:

As long as it takes for the Nylander “haters” to understand that every player is prone to a slump... which seems incredibly unlikely. It really wouldn’t surprise me to find out  that you were bitching and moaning about Marner when he went through his last season, too.

What was Marner making last year? $900k? I don’t recall anyone bitching, about a stud playing his ass off for $900k, ever. And I am talking about any hockey player in the game today.

But for full disclosure, if Marner holds out for $10+ million per until December 1 and then comes back and gives 80-85% and doesn’t produce.....than yeah, he will get ripped to pieces  

1 hour ago, uteck said:

What was Marner making last year? $900k? I don’t recall anyone bitching, about a stud playing his ass off for $900k, ever. And I am talking about any hockey player in the game today.

But for full disclosure, if Marner holds out for $10+ million per until December 1 and then comes back and gives 80-85% and doesn’t produce.....than yeah, he will get ripped to pieces  

Marner had two goals in his first 34 games and the usual idiots within the Toronto media were chomping at the bit to trade him for a defenseman. Meanwhile the majority of mouth breathers of this fanbase were complaining that he doesn’t score enough, much like Nylander hasn’t over a small sample size. Stop playing stupid.

Edited by Morrison7

11 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Marner had two goals in his first 34 games and the usual idiots within the Toronto media were chomping at the bit to trade him for a defensemen. Meanwhile the majority of the mouthbreathers of this fanbase were  complaining that he doesn’t score enough, much like Nylander hasn’t over a small sample size. Stop playing stupid.

How many assists did he have ?

People are just gonna hate in Nylander unless he leads the team in scoring. He's playing well now, in a line that can't keep up with him. There's times you can tell he missed two months, there's far more times you realize why he's worth his cap hit.

He'll be fine, but until he starts getting the points to go with his play, you'll hear this ridiculousness. And you will always hear Uteck if you keep reading and responding.

32 minutes ago, Armster said:

That's irrelevant to the point he's making.

He’s comparing Nylanders slump to Marners slump last year, but only talking about how many goals Marner scored. It’s not irrelevant. Marners slump was 20 points in 34 games. Not great. But not even close to being on the level Nylander is at right now.

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

He’s comparing Nylanders slump to Marners slump last year, but only talking about how many goals Marner scored. It’s not irrelevant. Marners slump was 20 points in 34 games. Not great. But not even close to being on the level Nylander is at right now.

His overall point, the forest, was that the fan base overreacts largely to short-term issues that are likely to be resolved.

Just now, Mantis Toboggan said:

I also don’t get why Nylander is just getting this free pass. The first few weeks, okay, sure, he needs to get into game shape. It’s been a month. It’s time for him to start producing. I’m not going to freak out like some of the other members here, but this free pass shit needs to stop.

I'm not giving him a free pass. I wish he was producing more and he should be. However, he's starting to do the things that will lead to production. It's expected that it's only a matter of time. This is a very short-term issue.

9 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

All true.

But we all knew that one of Matthews, Marner or Nylander would have to have some kind of "sophomore-type slump" after posting two great first seasons.  So it turns out it's Nylander, who happened to sign a big contract.  MEH.  The vast majority of us can see that that doesn't make him a worthless bum.  He's still what he was......just slumping.  He's playing well but not scoring.  It happens.  

Reading Uteck's post is like getting a huge, nasty boil on your sphincter lanced.  Best not to look into any mirrors at it.  Just ignore it and let the doctor do his thing and get out of there quickly.

Edited by Holymakinaw

Just now, TuckerIntensity said:

If he was playing like shit and no one cared, it'd be a free pass. But he's not. He was easily the best player in his line last night and has been playing well for a while now.

Yeah if he plays like that the rest of the year, and helps us win every game, and doesn't score another point, I'll be happy. 

Last I checked, it's not about player's points.  It's about winning games.  

6 minutes ago, Armster said:

His overall point, the forest, was that the fan base overreacts largely to short-term issues that are likely to be resolved.

I'm not giving him a free pass. I wish he was producing more and he should be. However, he's starting to do the things that will lead to production. It's expected that it's only a matter of time. This is a very short-term issue.

Even when he was being dragged down by playing with Kadri and Brown, he was still generating a boatload of scoring chances. I still believe that he should have been back playing with Matthews as his centre sooner rather than later.