Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Leafs @ Devils.

8 minutes ago, Armster said:

His overall point, the forest, was that the fan base overreacts largely to short-term issues that are likely to be resolved.

I'm not giving him a free pass. I wish he was producing more and he should be. However, he's starting to do the things that will lead to production. It's expected that it's only a matter of time. This is a very short-term issue.

His overall point is irrelevant to this forum though. There’s what, 3 people complaining about Nylander? Most people understand it’s going to take some time. It’s seeking out the people who are freaking about it and I don’t get the point of it. 

16 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Even when he was being dragged down by playing with Kadri and Brown, he was still generating a boatload of scoring chances. I still believe that he should have been back playing with Matthews as his centre sooner rather than later.

I don't disagree but coaches move very very slowly with changes.  Now that Matthews is 1 goal in 8, I'm expecting that change to happen soon.

35 minutes ago, Armster said:

His overall point, the forest, was that the fan base overreacts largely to short-term issues that are likely to be resolved.

I'm not giving him a free pass. I wish he was producing more and he should be. However, he's starting to do the things that will lead to production. It's expected that it's only a matter of time. This is a very short-term issue.

Actually it’s not short term

it started at negotiating time, which lead to  a two month hold out, which lead to basically no production and no improvement of the team. All for the bargain basement price of $7 mm

31 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Even when he was being dragged down by playing with Kadri and Brown, he was still generating a boatload of scoring chances. I still believe that he should have been back playing with Matthews as his centre sooner rather than later.

Exactly my point. 

Your best case scenario is Matthews carries his ass to somehow justify the contract. 

Because without Matthews it’s looking like a stretch that he can produce. Identical what happened before. 

Nylander road Matthews coattails to the Contract wonderland. Good for him, bad for the leafs. 

17 minutes ago, uteck said:

Exactly my point. 

Your best case scenario is Matthews carries his ass to somehow justify the contract. 

Because without Matthews it’s looking like a stretch that he can produce. Identical what happened before. 

Nylander road Matthews coattails to the Contract wonderland. Good for him, bad for the leafs. 

Matthews and Johnsson’s possession numbers increased by 20% with Willy on their line, and Willy alone has been generating the same amount of scoring chances as Marner at ES (lower shooting % of course because of his linemates) ... but Willy is riding the coattails now?

It’s best that I should stop responding to your drivel. I’d be better off.

Edited by Morrison7

9 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

He didn't hold out, he can't play without  a contract so.....I was told negotiations are holding out. LMFAOO. Ute sometimes you amaze me.  

AM are you trying to buy board love like @Holymakinaw by going full hate on Uteck. 

It’s been tried quite often, by many posters never with any success. You and holy are still going to be debased for all you silly posts going forward 

23 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Matthews and Johnsson’s possession numbers increased by 20% with Willy on their line, and Willy alone has been generating the same amount of scoring chances as Marner at ES (lower shooting % of course because of his linemates) ... but Willy is riding the coattails now?

It’s best that I should stop responding to your drivel. I’d be better off.

Hey fucknuts, you have one job, get the numbers @Armster requested to show how Willy carries the leafs without Matthews 

2 hours ago, Bojack said:

@brocto Pretty sure you mean Brandon Kozun. 

Omg! Yes! Kozun! He was good in his first 4/5? Games - got injured and vanished. 

Saw him own the ice at some Marlies games shortly after too.. but then.. no idea.. mind you, frattin also had some good games with the Marlies so it doesn’t necessarily mean a lot..

Edited by brocto

7 hours ago, Armster said:

@Morrison7 please give us ES p/60 for Nylander with and without Matthews.

Appreciated

Nylander last season averaged 2.4 p/60 ES, tied with Malkin for 31st in the league. It’s worth noting that while the Hyman-Matthews-Willy line experienced a high conversion of shots to goals, Nylander himself didn’t.

Nylander with Matthews: 62 games, 0.81p/60 ES. 
Nylander without Matthews: 20 games 0.65p/60 ES.

Also worth nothing, Matthews had a better shooting percentage and goals for percentage playing with Willy and vice versa. They feed off each other more than people think.

Edited by Morrison7

5 hours ago, uteck said:

AM are you trying to buy board love like @Holymakinaw by going full hate on Uteck. 

It has nothing to do with "board love", Son.  You truly are a joke of a poster and your opinions are often full-on retarded.  But then again, I'm supposed to be more positive and align myself with the universe better, so good luck out there, Man!!  Go get 'em!!  You got this!!

2 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Nylander last season averaged 2.4 p/60 ES, tied with Malkin for 31st in the league. It’s worth noting that while the Hyman-Matthews-Willy line experienced a high conversion of shots to goals, Nylander himself didn’t.

Nylander with Matthews: 62 games, 0.81p/60 ES. 
Nylander without Matthews: 20 games 0.65p/60 ES.

Also worth nothing, Matthews had a better shooting percentage and goals for percentage playing with Willy and vice versa. They feed off each other more than people think.

Matthews carries Nylander....let’s just leave it at that. 

Without matthews, Willy is not a $7 million per year winger 

Edited by uteck