Bojack

The Most Embarrassing Album You Own?

3 minutes ago, TieClark said:

Who tf buys albums?

People who don't like Spotify telling them what to listen to and/or who want to actually support artists.

Though you're better off going to see them live and buying merch. if you want to support them. Acts tend to make more from touring than they do from sales, at all but the superstar level.

Edited by Bojack

I don't own any CDs or digital files that embarrass me.

However, on vinyl (old vinyl, that is) I have a number of cringe-worthy albums. Given that my modest collection of turdy-tree-and-a-turds consist of my own purchases plus part collections from 3 wives, not all of them were of my own selection.

However, since I haven't tossed them, burned them or shot skeet with them, they're technically mine now.

And the winner is: PAUL ANKA SINGS HIS BIG 15

(One of the vinyls I really like is Collections by The Young Rascals. I had lunch with Eddie Brigati a dozen years ago, and he wrote a signed note to me on the jacket.)

I had a New Kids on the Block cassette as a kid, the first bunch of CDs that I bought were Much Dance type ones while I was figuring out what I truly liked. Since then its been mostly classic rock/blues type stuff. 

Now if we include my wifes stuff I have a Glee soundtrack and lots of Disney stuff.

20 minutes ago, Raiden said:

I mean, to me it's  not embarrassing, but I'm told it is, I own a DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince album. 

I also own all the backstreet boys albums. 

LOL, you might as well buy this upcoming one too. 14 more days...sorry to wreck your sleeps ;)

DNA is the upcoming ninth studio album (eighth in the U.S.) by the Backstreet Boys, set to be released on January 25, 2019

First cassette I ever owned was Vanilla Ice. Fuck ya. Though I don't have that anymore so I guess it doesn't count.

I'm not sure. I'm not really embarrassed by my music choices, you like what you like. I have a couple of Taylor Swift albums somewhere, likely that? But I don't care, that shit is catchy. 

54 minutes ago, Bojack said:

My first album is super-embarassing 'cause it's really, really shit and was put out by literal neo-Nazis; Ace of Base - The Sign.

Hold up. What now, I love Ace of Base. They were neo nazis? 

EDIT: oh the dude was a part of a neo nazi band. That's a shame 

11 hours ago, TieClark said:

Who tf buys albums?

Me. Bought about 50 CDs last year and 25 records. Much prefer to have something physical. Spotify is good for when i'm on the move but at home I like to sit down and listen to an album. 

Back to the question, I have a copy of 2 unlimited's "Get Ready" on cassette still. Also Capella's U got 2 Know. I seemed to go through a Eurodance phase in my teens. I had a bit of a crush on the singer of capella, i think it was the eyes. I won't say what attracted me to the singer of 2 unlimited.