Sign in to follow this  
Armster

2018-19 Trade Thread

46 minutes ago, majingir said:

Glendening is a guy Babcock likes and would actually play. Gauthier doesn't even get 10 minutes a game. And he's a good checking guy that can win faceoffs.

Why would we give Glendenning more minutes when those minutes can just go to Matthews, Marner, Tavares? 

7 minutes ago, §andman said:

Why would we give Glendenning more minutes when those minutes can just go to Matthews, Marner, Tavares? 

Ask Babcock.

My plan before season began was something crazy like only having 3Cs, so Tavares/Matthews/Kadri just took turns playing a 4th line shift(each guy just plays one or two 4th line shift per period). Would allow those guys to get more ice time and not have to worry as much about that extra players salary.

Our upgrades in the bottom six have to come from the Marlies the way our cap is structured. We're not upgrading on salary on the bottom six forwards anytime soon. Hell Brown is making too much to be playing where he is. This team is going to be extremely lean for the next year. I imagine that would open up a bit the year after with Marleau gone and another cap raise or two.

4 hours ago, loxcane said:

I can get behind flipping brown for glendeneing and Jensen though. Even if it costs us a 4th or a 3rd in 2020.

Maybe Brown+ to Edmonton for Puljujarvi+ and something else could be a thing too. Brown was linemates with McDavid in Erie, while Puljujarvi is close friends with Kapanen, and he could be sent to the Marlies for development while Moore can be called, and Johnsson promoted to the third line. The only other NHL team Puljujarvi follows on Instagram is Toronto, oddly enough.

Edmonton would be stupid enough to do Brown, Zaitsev, and Bracco for Puljujarvi, and one of Klefbom/Larsson though.

Edited by Morrison7

12 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Maybe Brown+ to Edmonton for Puljujarvi+ and something else could be a thing too. Brown was linemates with McDavid in Erie, while Puljujarvi is close friends with Kapanen, and he could be sent to the Marlies for development while Moore can be called, and Johnsson promoted to the third line. The only other NHL team Puljujarvi follows on Instagram is Toronto, oddly enough.

Edmonton would be stupid enough to do Brown, Zaitsev, and Bracco for Puljujarvi, and one of Klefbom/Larsson though.

Reuniting Brown with McDavid could make a lot of sense, if they rekindled the chemistry they once had. 

He could be McDavids Hyman.

Id love to see Bouchard coming back our way in the deal.

29 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Brown and Kapanen on McDavids line would probably be better for Edmonton. Though I wouldn't even think to get rid of Kapanen unless Larsson is coming back. 

Brown being McDavids old linemate like you said, and we all know Kapanen has speed. What defence could stop McDavid and Kapanen breaking out for an odd man rush. Puljujarvi being friends with Kapanen is a little bonus. 

4 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

So I guess the Muzzin - Rielly pairing is over with. Rielly back to his regular side with Hainsey as his partner. Wonder if it'll get Dubas to go after that RH dman more aggressively this trade deadline.

Babcock was blending the D pairings all night, it doesn't mean anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Polak's name gets thrown around again in Toronto rumours.

RHD, size, grit, familiarity, UFA come summer with a 1.3 aav, likely won't cost too much, and Bab's a fan.

Not sure how important he is to Dallas, but would be worth kicking the tires?

After seeing how wussy our D corps is, I wouldn't be opposed to it should no better options come about.

1 minute ago, tbnl said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Polak's name gets thrown around again in Toronto rumours.

RHD, size, grit, familiarity, UFA come summer with a 1.3 aav, likely won't cost too much, and Bab's a fan.

Not sure how important he is to Dallas, but would be worth kicking the tires?

After seeing how wussy our D corps is, I wouldn't be opposed to it should no better options come about.

There's a reason why Dubas let him walk in the first place. Fuck that.

1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

There's a reason why Dubas let him walk in the first place. Fuck that.

Well, I sure as hope there's another low risk, cheap rental that can give us some balls on the back end.

Either that or trade for another 1A/B goalie to take Freddie's place once he gets run over and concussed before the season ends.

Just now, tbnl said:

Well, I sure as hope there's another low risk, cheap rental that can give us some balls on the back end.

Either that or trade for another 1A/B goalie to take Freddie's place once he gets run over and concussed before the season ends.

Jensen is one, and he's actually capable of playing in the top 4 while making the team better. Fuck, that suggestion made me think Danny took over your account for a second.

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Jensen is one, and he's actually capable of playing in the top 4 while making the team better. Fuck, that suggestion made me think Danny took over your account for a second.

Knowing @Danny, if he did hack my account, he'd change my name "Hi, Jacked."

49 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Babcock was blending the D pairings all night, it doesn't mean anything.

Didn't Babcock mention right after the Muzzin deal how it's important to keep your top players in their natural position and he just talked about it again today after putting Rielly back on the left side last game. I'm surprised he doesn't try Muzzin on the right side instead.

29 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Jensen would be a solid pickup, definitely an upgrade over Zaitsev and Hainsey.