Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Armster

2018-19 Trade Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Anger Management said:

OK fine let's stand pat with what we got and see where that takes us come April! I can't wait for the fire everybody threads that pop up this summer when we miss the playoffs. No Guts No Glory, but i guess i am the only one who thinks that speed and finesse isn't gonna make us cup contenders. As the saying goes THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR.

Remember 10 minutes ago, when you were so positive I wanted to puke?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Danny said:

agreed.

Now what gets him? Plus we have to consider what other teams would offer to get his services? Hate boston or tampa or even pittsburgh or washington score him.

 

Dunno.  He's a UFA this summer, so he's a rental.  Philly sucks and will be looking for prospects and picks.

Personally, I'd look at trading Kadri and a 1st for a very good RHD out there.

So.......Bracco, a 2nd and a 3rd(in 2020), for Simmonds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you're going to get the deadline's most coveted forward for a whole bunch of nothing. Every other playoff, or bubble, team beats that offer easily.

Any Simmonds trade, no matter where he ends up, is going to look a lot more like the trade I posted earlier than the bag of shit you just proposed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Yeah, you're going to get the deadline's most coveted forward for a whole bunch of nothing. Every other playoff, or bubble, team beats that offer easily.

Any Simmonds trade, no matter where he ends up, is going to look a lot more like the trade I posted earlier than the bag of shit you just proposed.

LOL.  Simmonds ain't getting that much.  He's good but he ain't that good.  Calm your titties.  A prospect, a 2nd and a 3rd ain't nothing.  It could become a prospect and two 2nds.  I doubt very much he gets more than THAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Holymakinaw said:

LOL.  Simmonds ain't getting that much.  He's good but he ain't that good.  Calm your titties.  A prospect, a 2nd and a 3rd ain't nothing.  It could become a prospect and two 2nds.  I doubt very much he gets more than THAT.

You may be right he probably shouldn't cost much but if there are multiple teams bidding for him as reported the price goes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every team in the league has four or five prospects like Bracco. He's not notable in any way and he's tiny.

The Second might as well be a Third and the Third, a year later, might as well be a Fourth.

Simmonds, regardless of how good you think he is, is the most-coveted forward of the deadline. You aren't getting him for a nothing-prospect, a late Second and a late Third in a year's time, because that offer is a massive, steaming, bag of shit. At an absolute minimum, someone will pony up a First, a decent prospect and a young roster player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King of Dick Mountain said:

Every team in the league has four or five prospects like Bracco. He's not notable in any way and he's tiny.

The Second might as well be a Third and the Third, a year later, might as well be a Fourth.

Simmonds, regardless of how good you think he is, is the most-coveted forward of the deadline. You aren't getting him for a nothing-prospect, a late Second and a late Third in a year's time, because that offer is a massive, steaming, bag of shit. At an absolute minimum, someone will pony up a First, a decent prospect and a young roster player.

That better not be Toronto unless they're trading that for a top 2/4 D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god. 

Y'all are fucking idiots. You're not getting Simmonds for a shitty lowball offer. BOS or TBL will easily outbid us if all you're willing to offer is a Liliputian and some picks that have basically no chance of becoming regular NHLers.

A Second round pick has less than a 50% chance of playing 100 games in the NHL.

Wake the fuck up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Oh my god. 

Y'all are fucking idiots. You're not getting Simmonds for a shitty lowball offer. BOS or TBL will easily outbid us if all you're willing to offer is a Liliputian and some picks that have basically no chance of becoming regular NHLers.

A Second round pick has less than a 50% chance of playing 100 games in the NHL.

Wake the fuck up. 

LOL.  SOMEONE is an idiot, to be sure.  Not sure who, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

Hopefully Kapanen is off limits unless they're willing to trade Slavin which by the sounds of it isn't happening.

Kypreos and Friedman both said sources have told them Dubas has told other GM's that Kapanen isn’t getting moved. They don't have to worry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Penguins have an abundance of defensemen which makes Oleksiak available and Rutherford is aware that teams are seeking ways to bolster their respective blue line. 

 

Oleksiak is an interesting piece seeing that he can produce from the right or left side and is at an affordable contract, $2.1 million for two years beyond this season. 

The Penguins might be able to get a second round pick or a middle six winger for Oleksiak.

However a team like the Toronto Maple Leafs, who is seeking grit and help on the back end, could inquire about Oleksiak down the line. 

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny said:

The Penguins have an abundance of defensemen which makes Oleksiak available and Rutherford is aware that teams are seeking ways to bolster their respective blue line. 

 

Oleksiak is an interesting piece seeing that he can produce from the right or left side and is at an affordable contract, $2.1 million for two years beyond this season. 

The Penguins might be able to get a second round pick or a middle six winger for Oleksiak.

However a team like the Toronto Maple Leafs, who is seeking grit and help on the back end, could inquire about Oleksiak down the line. 

 
 
 

Oleksiak would be a nice addition if the cost is a 2nd or mid line winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Can I pay someone to program something to block any post that Danny writes that has the word 'grit' in it? 

Well how bout you donate some cash to this site and on my promise I will not post the word on behalf of myself nor anyone elses' post that has the word grit attached to it

Edited by Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 10:30 PM, King of Dick Mountain said:

Every team in the league has four or five prospects like Bracco. He's not notable in any way and he's tiny.

The Second might as well be a Third and the Third, a year later, might as well be a Fourth.

Simmonds, regardless of how good you think he is, is the most-coveted forward of the deadline. You aren't getting him for a nothing-prospect, a late Second and a late Third in a year's time, because that offer is a massive, steaming, bag of shit. At an absolute minimum, someone will pony up a First, a decent prospect and a young roster player.

I’m not calling Bracco a blue-chip prospect or anything but not every team has a prospect producing at a point per game in the AHL at 21. He’s got some value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m of the opinion that, while he’s been incredibly impressive for the marlies this year, he’s pretty heavily blocked at the NHL level... and if he’s coveted by other teams, and I have no doubt that he is, we shouldn’t hesitate to move him. Moving guys like grundstrom et all who bring something that we need and don’t have a lot of... being size and physicality and high energy, high effort play... is not smart, if you ask me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...