Sign in to follow this  
Armster

2018-19 Trade Thread

Because he has ridiculously odd fascination with shooting down any upgrade that isn't Drew Doughty or some other Norris level defender or Hart Candidate forward.  It's borderline ridiculous to be honest.    The goal and typical moves made leading up to this time of year are players that improve the team in an attempt to create depth with some talent level. It's not to turn an all-star laden roster into the Harlem Globetrotters.  Seriously.

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

why don't you like pesce?

Tends to have difficulty exiting the defensive zone with the puck which the Leafs already seem to have a problem with aside from Rielly, Dermott, and Gardiner occasionally. Carolina also gives up more shots with him on the ice than without, and his underlying numbers at ES are somewhat inflated by more offensive zone starts and playing with Slavin. I’d still trade Kapanen for Slavin in a heartbeat, that team needs scoring even if they traded for Niederreiter today.

Pesce might cost the least to acquire, but I’m not giving up Kapanen or Johnsson for him. The Leafs could do better.

59 minutes ago, Bojack said:

And what's wrong with Faulk?

He's still a significant upgrade on our RHD, even if he's not the player he was a few years back.

He just reminds me of a RHD version of Gardiner in the defensive zone from what I watched from him. He’s got the most offensive zone starts of all Carolina blueliners for that reason.

45 minutes ago, Armster said:

Because he has ridiculously odd fascination with shooting down any upgrade that isn't Drew Doughty or some other Norris level defender or Hart Candidate forward.  It's borderline ridiculous to be honest.    The goal and typical moves made leading up to this time of year are players that improve the team in an attempt to create depth with some talent level. It's not to turn an all-star laden roster into the Harlem Globetrotters.  Seriously.

Yeah because players such as Jensen, Edmundson, Hamilton, Hjalmarsson, Demers, Savard, Parayako, de Haan, Manson, Miller, Nutivaara, and McNabb are like Doughty or are of Norris-caliber level. Right...

Using Lox’s list as a reference, those are guys I would have interest in the Leafs acquiring.

Edited by Morrison7

I'm trying to insinuate that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about with some players.  Stop pretending like you watch Carolina every night.  Or half of those other teams.  Believe me I know.  I used to have a game on TV and on my computer almost every night and I still didn't have the competence to comment on that many players across that many teams.  Reading HF Boards is not a pass for acting like an authority on every player that plays in the NHL/AHL/CHL/ECHL/Timbits.  Nor is Twitter or James Mirtle for that matter.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

I'm trying to insinuate that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about with some players.  Stop pretending like you watch Carolina every night.  Or half of those other teams.  Believe me I know.  I used to have a game on TV and on my computer almost every night and I still didn't have the competence to comment on that many players across that many teams.  Reading HF Boards is not a pass for acting like an authority on every player that plays in the NHL/AHL/CHL.  

I’m just basing my opinion off of what one of my friends from postgrad studies (Hurricanes fan) has shown me about those guys in particular (numbers and video) especially when the Nylander rumours were at a high. I don’t read HF.

1 minute ago, Bojack said:

Faulk is quite Gardiner-esque, in fairness. 

He's just much better than Gardiner at almost everything.

Faulk is way less prone to buckling with the puck under pressure and throwing it to bad areas.  His excellent positioning and calmness under pressure make him one the better transitioning D's in the game.

3 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

I’m just basing my opinion off of what one of my friends from postgrad studies (Hurricanes fan) has shown me about those guys in particular (numbers and video) especially when the Nylander rumours were at a high.

Well tell your friend to spend some time watching Jake Gardiner.  Fans can be quite extreme and expect perfection.  Not feasible.

I don’t read HF.

Cool.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Faulk is way less prone to buckling with the puck under pressure and throwing it to bad areas.  His excellent positioning and calmness under pressure make him one the better transitioning D's in the game.

Right. He's like Gardiner, but better.

Isn't that what I said?

3 minutes ago, Armster said:

He’s also an incredibly smooth skater. Like as much so as Rielly is.

1 minute ago, Bojack said:

So? He's not the player he used to be. 

Neidereitter is also 26 and his numbers and play suggest he's been steadily regressing for at least three years.

It happens.

He's definitely a more well rounded defenceman then he was a couple years ago.