Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Leafs @ Panthers. 7:00PM EST SN

Just now, uteck said:

Ironically enough, that might make Zaitsev a little more effective. Not deferring everything to Gardiner might just settle his game down. Or not. 

I’ve said it before, a European partner might really help Zaitsev out. They do a lot more lateral and backwards passing. A lot of times I find that Zaitsev feels like he has no options and just hucks the puck down the ice. Or he tries to go across the ice but Gardiner isn’t there or isn’t ready for it. Still, I can’t imagine that pair being fun to watch. Hopefully it’s Dermott that’s picking up the slack and some extra minutes. 

9 minutes ago, uteck said:

Pretty sure it’s a message to your dreamy Willy. WAKE THE FUCK UP DUDE

Playing limited minutes with a guy who hasn’t scored in 41 games and the softest 6’5” forward I’ve ever seen since Antropov and Poni. What could possibly go wrong there?

🙄

Edited by Morrison7

12 minutes ago, Armster said:

So, Matthews is effectively a third liner then?  That's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for him.

Brown looked better with Matthews the other night in those 3 or 4 shifts than he has all year. So hopefully this gets him going. Matty has basically just being out there by himself since Nylander came back anyways.

So I mixed a largely irrelevant detail up. 

Zaitsev and Ozhiganov played together as a pairing for Novosibirsk Sibir (second-pairing) and for CSKA Moscow (top-pairing) and, while I didn't/haven't see(n) games, from highlights and boxscores they appear to have played well together.

They do not appear to have been the absolute liability that Gardiner - Zaitsev is.

9 minutes ago, loxcane said:

Brown looked better with Matthews the other night in those 3 or 4 shifts than he has all year. So hopefully this gets him going. Matty has basically just being out there by himself since Nylander came back anyways.

Of course Brown looked better playing with Matthews.

14 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

So I mixed a largely irrelevant detail up. 

Zaitsev and Ozhiganov played together as a pairing for Novosibirsk Sibir (second-pairing) and for CSKA Moscow (top-pairing) and, while I didn't/haven't see(n) games, from highlights and boxscores they appear to have played well together.

They do not appear to have been the absolute liability that Gardiner - Zaitsev is.

I truly believe that most of Zaitsev’s issues are him having a hard time adjusting to the small ice. He’s so fucking panicky. Maybe we’ll see him get some time with Rielly and it’ll calm him down a bit. He does make some massively boneheaded plays though. 

I think Lox is onto something, Jake also played better when he was paired with Carrick.

Dermott - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Oz

Should happen soon, Gards - Zaits has not been a good thing for a long time. Kinda funny how the forward lines get mixed so much yet our D core doesn't. 

1 hour ago, §andman said:

I think Lox is onto something, Jake also played better when he was paired with Carrick.

Dermott - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Oz

Should happen soon, Gards - Zaits has not been a good thing for a long time. Kinda funny how the forward lines get mixed so much yet our D core doesn't. 

I think it’s a lot harder to be familiar enough on the back end than it is up front. These guys have no time back there and if they don’t know exactly what the other guy is thinking, they can get into big trouble real quick.