Sign in to follow this  
King of Dick Mountain

GDT: Coyotes at Leafs 7pm (ET) SN

Dubas needs to exercise his authority over Babcock and get his head in the game of setting his lines and letting them gain some fucking chemistry. And also Dubas needs to start getting on the horn and getting some trades happening cause i feel some of these players need some fresh starts elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

I understand that the team aside from Freddie, Marner, and Tavares has to show up and give an actual fuck or two, but it just doesn't look like Babcock has an answer for this team's problems of late.

The PP has been awful since December started... no change. The defensive pairings despite how awful Gardiner-Zaitsev are as pairing... no change. I don't think playing snake bitten players with more snake bitten players, or playing your best (but slumping) players with rookies and 4th liners with cement hands is the best thing for them to get going again, but it is what it is. I'm not paid 7M a year to coach.

Sometimes slumps get on you before you realize it's happened.  It looks like in the TB game maybe things were going to get righted, then it goes off the rails a bit again.  We cannot absolve the shit show that is our defense, talking about individual players.   Even Rielly's looks like ass right now.   The only forwards really going are, well, Tavares.  One.  That's a rough go for any team.   A coach juggles in these situations it's common.  they have to try something. It rarely works and it looks real bad but honestly, it will turn around when the players are ready to sort their shit out.   That said, the powerplay thing is definitely on the coaching IMO.

Jesus christ this fucking team is infuriating with all this talent on our roster we shouldn't be questioning if we can even make the playoffs. Something needs to change soon cause this whole "our advanced stats are good" shit doesnt matter when we cant win against low places teams

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Ugly ugly ugly.  Like the weather tonight.

lol, rather talk about the weather right now eh? okay,...We seem to be facing a cold front and even though there were icy conditions we were hoping sunny days ahead was in the mix. This weather could soon bring on some tradewinds and the winds of change maybe welcomed as we head into the all star break where many clouds gather and try to brainstorm. 

1 minute ago, Leafs said:

Jesus christ this fucking team is infuriating with all this talent on our roster we shouldn't be questioning if we can even make the playoffs. Something needs to change soon cause this whole "our advanced stats are good" shit doesnt matter when we cant win against low places teams

"Advanced" stats are shitty drivers as predictors.   Game is too dynamic to put on some shit like that.

6 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

It's all on the coaching. 

Two and a half years of exactly the same mistakes, exactly the same lack of effort, exactly the same inattention to detail. 

But yeah, "it's a slump. Lol".

It's more likely it's a slump than anything else.   Just because we've seen previous teams, completely unrelated to this one, fall off in unimaginable ways doesn't mean that's what's happening here.

I'm not sure what "mistakes" you are talking about but I'd imagine it has a lot to do with personnel as it does coaching.  18 months ago we were smack in the middle of a season with a core made of mostly rookies so I'd say your comments are a slightly short-sighted.

Doom and gloom in mid-January is a little far fetched .  We're a much better team than we've shown since the Holidays.  Still a few personnel issues to be fixed. Having one top-four defenseman and maybe one #4 in Gardiner is going to be difficult for any coach to deal with.

1 minute ago, brocto said:

Damn injuries. Costing us the cup.

i said in December that Babcock just cant do it with this group. But it was the injuries instead, so I digress.

Whoever thought the team could win it all this year is delusional. However, this is the only season which they could compete for it while Marner, Matthews and Kapanen are still on ELC's. They have more than enough cap room to go all in at the deadline, and it seems like a strong indicator that they are if they're willing to move their 1st rounder, Bracco, and Liljegren.

I said it waaay too many times but again, the only way this team has momentum swings is when we score. Even  that lately gets rubbed out when the opposition gets one right back on us.

We are way too soft along the boards, especially in our end we are so passive, and if the only thing we can hope for is a stretch pass, we are hooped.

We have good players that are fast and talented but we do not need them all because speed does not win games when speed alone is our only go to.

We can afford to give up a few players to add some added dimensions to our team that clearly needs a shake up.

Nylander is one

Gardiner is broke and is another

Kadri could be number 3 on the list, but,..we need to shake things up.

1 minute ago, Leafs said:

I agree. can it give insight into certain things sure but it doesnt win games 

The advanced stats for this roster are still good, but scoring goals requires shots to hit the net. Leafs are definitely not doing that, amongst many other things.

7 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Whoever thought the team could win it all this year is delusional. However, this is the only season which they could compete for it while Marner, Matthews and Kapanen are still on ELC's. They have more than enough cap room to go all in at the deadline, and it seems like a strong indicator that they are if they're willing to move their 1st rounder, Bracco, and Liljegren.

I feel that we should try to shake things up before the deadline if at all possible.

Just now, Danny said:

I feel that we should try to shake things up before the deadline if at all possible.

As long as 95% of your proposals don't happen (no offence), I'm all for it. They can't pull what Murray just did in Anaheim and barely re-arrange the deck chairs of the Titanic by doing directionless trades, though. That'll just make Dubas look desperate and inexperienced.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I said it waaay too many times but again, the only way this team has momentum swings is when we score. Even  that lately gets rubbed out when the opposition gets one right back on us.

We are way too soft along the boards, especially in our end we are so passive, and if the only thing we can hope for is a stretch pass, we are hooped.

We have good players that are fast and talented but we do not need them all because speed does not win games when speed alone is our only go to.

We can afford to give up a few players to add some added dimensions to our team that clearly needs a shake up.

Nylander is one

Gardiner is broke and is another

Kadri could be number 3 on the list, but,..we need to shake things up.

I do have to agree. I get the "new" NHL is directed towards more speed and skill but we definitely need to add some physicality and size to our lineup. Or if we end up facing the Bruins again in this year's playoffs (if we even make it) we're just going to get literally manhandled again.

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

As long as 95% of your proposals don't happen (no offence), I'm all for it. They can't pull what Murray just did in Anaheim and barely re-arrange the deck chairs of the Titanic by doing directionless trades, though. That'll just make Dubas look desperate and inexperienced.

One thing I find VERY stupid on Dubas' end if these reports are even true is him constantly telling other GM's certain players are off limits. The only players that should be off limits are your franchise players aka Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Rielly and Andersen. Everyone else you should be listening to in order to improve your team.

7 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

I laughed because bro like two people in an elevator and one farts they both know who done it, and I know we see things differently but that is life sometimes and even though we both dig our team and think of different needs, the passion for the team still shines at our opposite spectrums. (yes some of my wants are pipe dreams for sure)

And I agree, we do not need sideways deals.

edited...except a trade to replace Gardiner, a sound type player that may not be as flashy

Edited by Danny

3 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

We're not going to make the playoffs. 

The worse you play on this team, the more you're rewarded. Accountability is only for Nylander. Everyone else gets a pass.

Let's try and dig him out of this slump though by playing him with Gauthier! Someone who has bricks as his hands and plays like he's 5'10 meanwhile actually 6'5....