Sign in to follow this  
King of Dick Mountain

Fire Babcock

This sentiment seems to be growing, have heard it from a couple other people as well. 

I definitely don’t get his line decisions. Going with Hyman- Matthews - Brown eh? Didn’t work? Mix it up.. how about Johnsson - Matthews - Brown? No luck? How about Hyman - Matthews - Johnsson?

christ.

why not Kapanen - Matthews - Marner, break some fuckin slumps. Marleau - Tavares - Nylander. Go for it. 

😕

I don't think we're quite at the time to fire Babcock.   Lol.  I get the angst but this is a stretch of bad games.  If we 18 wheel it off a cliff or something crazy after the start, then I think you could look at the possibility but even then you'd still give him some of next season.  Still a very young team all around.   That's not to say some of the decisions aren't questionable.  They absolutely are.   Need to stop trying to push things that don't work and his micro-management fucking kills me sometimes.  He'll fix this though.  There aren't many, if any, better in the game.  Right now it's too early to make that call.

His decision making is very questionable. Connor Brown should NEVER be playing regularly on the Matthews line, like ever. Kadri who's been shit all year long, why is he always been put on the ice in the dying moments when we're down by a goal. Babcock has tried so hard to get Marleau and Matthews to work together but it just does not gel yet also puts those two together in the last minute when down a goal instead of say Nylander?! 

2 minutes ago, §andman said:

The only reason to fire him is if the players have tuned him out.

Even then, we have a bigger problem on our hands if the players are tuning out the coach. 

Agree.  If that's the case, and it's unlikely that it is obviously, but if it is, I don't even want to know.  Just fire the coach  and move on

9 minutes ago, uteck said:

Never know. Stevie Y is the most proven GM in the game. Dubas is Just a big ?

This teams spent 4 years grooming Dubas as the next GM, they're not firing him a year into the job lol. 

Stevie Y will be heading to Detroit after this year. Detroit going to move Holland into some kind of advisory role or some shit like that while hiring Stevie Y as their new GM.

1 hour ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

He's fucking useless. 

Quenneville, please.

He is not useless, lol jodi. I get the frustrations but maybe entertain yourself and look at it like Babcock is really just juggling all the possibilities through his line ups and showing Dubas the advance stats and where the teams weaknesses are and what needs addressing. 

Team is soft, plays soft, and really, it is on Dubas to know who has to go and figure a way to make it happen.

I do not feel any coach could make this team play differently with their own respective fortes and how they contribute to the game. 

I want to see this roster after Dubas makes a move for a top 2/4D, this is a big year for Babcock to take the Leafs deep into the playoffs. Let Dubas load up and if they go deep, we'll forget about this stretch. If they get taken out in round 1, who knows what'll happen from there. They've improved every year under him, faster than anyone expected really.

Edited by Morrison7

Lol, to many young kids still on this team, they still don't know how to play. OZ, kapanen, Johnson, dermott, lindholm, gauthier, sparks, basically rookies.  Zaitsev,marner, mathews, all with 2.5yrs. Just not enough experience yet.