Sign in to follow this  
King of Dick Mountain

Fire Babcock

1 hour ago, §andman said:

The only reason to fire him is if the players have tuned him out.

Even then, we have a bigger problem on our hands if the players are tuning out the coach. 

Agreed then you got the problem of "are certain players coachable" kind of arguments. Now if we miss the playoffs with this roster I imagine most of our coaching staff will be sacked but I'm not sure they'd fire Babcock over this year alone but if the players aren't buying what hes selling then it may be better to just fire and move on. 

It's the Nylander problem that needs resolving. We've been a  different team since his return, and Matthews has looked like a different player. I suspect there's bad blood in the room. 

Also, sort the fucking defence out. In nearly 3 years they've done nothing to tackle our biggest problem area. Management has more to answer for than Babcock. 

11 hours ago, Barilko's Ghost said:

It's the Nylander problem that needs resolving. We've been a  different team since his return, and Matthews has looked like a different player. I suspect there's bad blood in the room. 

Also, sort the fucking defence out. In nearly 3 years they've done nothing to tackle our biggest problem area. Management has more to answer for than Babcock. 

Liked for the defense part.

Not so sure about bad blood.

After our All Star Break week off these guys batteries should be charged n ready to go and some players need to be bag skated into submission.  I as well as others know this team can and will score at will and win games on sheer work ethic alone.  Babcock needs to get some lines and get the chemistry going i am sure most coaches do that.  Also if Willie can't figure it out he needs to have a day of soul searching from the pressbox, maybe a view from above will give him a birds eye view of how the game should be run.

12 hours ago, Armster said:

Liked for the defence part.

Not so sure about bad blood.

I'm at a loss for what else could explain it. The contrast in the team, and Matthews, since Nylander returned is stark. It's been too long for it to be a case if readjusting. 

Edited by Barilko's Ghost

Once we got Babcock I thought the merry go round of coaches would be over for a while. I didn't expect every fan to be okay with him but the overwhelming majority wouldn't doubt his skills as a coach. We could no longer pin the blame on the coach when our players underperformed. I didn't think this day would come so soon.

7 hours ago, Kulemin said:

Once we got Babcock I thought the merry go round of coaches would be over for a while. I didn't expect every fan to be okay with him but the overwhelming majority wouldn't doubt his skills as a coach. We could no longer pin the blame on the coach when our players underperformed. I didn't think this day would come so soon.

I don't think the overwhelming majority think  Babcock should be fired do they?  Lol.   

I'm pretty sure the OP wishes this thread would just fall to the pits of hell and remain there unnoticed.  Or, maybe not.

Just now, Armster said:

I don't think the overwhelming majority think  Babcock should be fired do they?  Lol.   

I'm pretty sure the OP wishes this thread would just fall to the pits of hell and remain there unnoticed.  Or, maybe not.

They don’t.  But if we hear one fire Babcock chant at Scotiabank we’re fucked. 

3 hours ago, Armster said:

I don't. 

Meanwhile you'll all keep telling me I'm stupid for even bringing this up, while we keep losing and y'all keep complaining about truly baffling line-combos. This thread will have a lot more support after we fail to make the postseason, or get dumped in the first round again. 

I made the Fire Burke thread.  Most of you called me stupid then too. Such is the price for being a wanderer above the sea of fog.

I never called you stupid nor implied it.

However, if you think you're going to get a reprieve from baffling line combos (or combos that have stayed together far too long) by hiring any other coach, you're definitely out to lunch. Especially with Quenneville.