(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 1
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Capitals vs. Leafs 7:30 EST SN

Alex Ovechkin will look to tie Hockey Hall of Famer Sergei Fedorov for the most points by a Russia-born player in NHL history when the Washington Capitals play the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena on Wednesday.

Ovechkin has 1,178 points (643 goals, 535 assists) in 1,052 NHL games. Fedorov finished his NHL career in 2008-09 with 1,179 points (483 goals, 696 assists) in 1,248 games. Washington's captain had four points (three goals, one assist) in a 7-6 overtime loss to the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday.

The Capitals will try to avoid their seventh straight defeat, which would match their longest since Jan. 12-24, 2014 (0-5-2).

Goalie Frederik Andersen is likely to start for the Maple Leafs, who are 3-7-0 in their past 10 games and hope to avoid a season-high three game losing streak.

Players to watch

Capitals forward T.J. Oshie has six points (two goals, four assists) in his past four games

Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews has no goals in seven straight games and one in his past 13.

They said it

"I like our mental state right now, if I'm being honest. We're a positive group. Practices lately have been some of the best we've had all season. We're trying to work ourselves through it. It's not coming, turning around quick as we would like, obviously. That doesn't mean that you throw that out and try to be someone you're not, try to be a team that you're not." -- Capitals defenseman John Carlson

"We're obviously excited to play with one another. We just want to have fun out there, compete and play hard, create some offense and score some goals." -- Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews on playing with Patrick Marleau and Mitchell Marner

Capitals projected lineup

Alex Ovechkin -- Nicklas Backstrom -- T.J. Oshie

Jakub Vrana -- Evgeny Kuznetsov -- Tom Wilson

Dmitrij Jaskin -- Lars Eller -- Brett Connolly

Chandler Stephenson -- Travis Boyd -- Andre Burakovsky

Dmitry Orlov -- John Carlson

Michal Kempny -- Matt Niskanen

Brooks Orpik -- Jonas Siegenthaler

Braden Holtby

Pheonix Copley

Scratched: Nic Dowd, Devante Smith-Pelly, Madison Bowey

Injured: Christian Djoos (thigh)

Maple Leafs projected lineup 

Patrick Marleau -- Auston Matthews -- Mitchell Marner

Zach Hyman -- John Tavares -- Kasperi Kapanen

Connor Brown -- Nazem Kadri -- William Nylander

Par Lindholm -- Frederik Gauthier -- Trevor Moore

Morgan Rielly -- Ron Hainsey

Travis Dermott -- Nikita Zaitsev

Martin Marincin -- Igor Ozhiganov

Frederik Andersen

Garret Sparks

Scratched: Justin Holl

Injured: Tyler Ennis (broken ankle), Andreas Johnsson (concussion), Jake Gardiner (back spasms).

The Capitals + Holtby have been fucking garbage of late, time to give a fuck with this being the last game to the break and win!

So, will they give a s**t tonight or not risk anything physical before their week off? Feel sorry for the players that show up every night to play (Tavares/Marner/Reilly/Matthews).

It really bites to watch them nose dive as they can beat any team on any night if they are so inclined...I just don't get it.

10 minutes ago, GeneralT001 said:

Am I the only one who gets tired of that age old cop out of B2B games being like such a herculean task for a bunch of boys in their prime to manage?? I mean come on, this isn't the Bataan Death march ffs - its a damn game - what am I missing??

If the talent is equal and you lose 2-3% of top end due to lack of recovery, it has more chance of being a loss

Edited by uteck

11 minutes ago, loxcane said:

I feel it in my guts that they’re gonna break out big here.

ya ! me too! ,not sure why ,but, they better, things haven't been too great lately ,so,,, G.L.G  (here's to a good game !),,,, and fk' O.V.

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

He literally shit on his play during his post-game interview after they lost 7-4 to Carolina. The Hall trade gets worse by the season.

Did you see the Instagram post where buddy shows how they traded messier for spooner? 😂😂