Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Capitals vs. Leafs 7:30 EST SN

1 minute ago, loxcane said:

The Stanley cup champions have lost 7 straight!? Are they firing their coach and their GM and trading Ovie?!

Does losing against us after losing enough ourselves really produce that? lol

We've been slumping.   They've been on a hot streak.  Our highs are higher and our lows are higher.  They'll be in the dust pretty soon because tonight had every indication that we're out of whatever was ailing us.

3 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

I've never seen people so happy to be 4-6-0.

We are one point ahead of MTL. One.

Would it kill you to enjoy things for once? They just knocked off the defending cup champions and the guys who got it done tonight are the guys this team relies on to succeed. Take what you can get.

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Would it kill you to enjoy things for once? They just knocked off the defending cup champions and the guys who got it done tonight are the guys this team relies on to succeed. Take what you can get.

I'd put money on it that it would. He is an insufferable cunt after all.

Much like being sober would kill me.

12 minutes ago, Armster said:

Our speed was back. Things are looking alright again.  No idea why we tend to play down to our opponents sometimes (FLA and PHX) but come out ready to shred vs the better teams(TBL and WAS).

Thing is if we played like that concern constantly I would quiet up in a sense of my demands but I tend to look at it for what it was and two teams wanting to go out in the all star break after losing games they shouldn't matching up and we won. 

Washington did not really even bring a grind tonight and for some reason are still on the other end of the losing streak.(we deserved the win )

I'm not as susceptible to recency bias as you guys are, apparently.

It'll take more than one semi-decent showing, in which we still showed a lot of the same concerning things that we've been showing during this slump and for the last two years, against a team that hadn't won in six and which played last night to shift my position. 

How's your handful of shit coming along?

1 minute ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

It'll take more than one semi-decent showing, in which we still showed a lot of the same concerning things that we've been showing during this slump and for the last two years, against a team that hadn't won in six and which played last night to shift my position. 

It;s not about how the Caps played.  It's about how the Leafs played.  That speed hasn't been seen over a whole game in quite some time combined with crisp passing and all lines moving the puck well.  That's usually a sign of breaking out of it when a good team (and we are) gets back the things that have made them good to begin with.  So, yeah I predict we'll be back to our winning ways.  

15 minutes ago, tbnl said:

Brown - Kadri - Nylander combined for 9 points tonight.

2A, 3G 1A & 3A.

Also, Marleau couldn't clean up his game even if he had an unlimited supply of Polident denture cleansers. He's got no bite. :P

For some reason I still think down the road and when the poli grip kicks in and,.. (when he is even older_,... (like this year during our playoff run) he contributes and becomes one of those Justin Williams types of heroes that scores the timely goals.

Denture, I mean, not sure if you can pallet that but I know for a fact, he'll be licking his chops.