Sign in to follow this  
Debaser

Muzzin to Leafs

Wow, there goes the first but I really don't mind it considering we have others offerings we can still trade to improve us.

Also L.A  probably going to unload this year and load up on picks while they bottom out.

1 minute ago, Kulemin said:

Holy shit this is fucking awesome. You guys don't know how big of an impact Muzzin will have on this Leafs d core. I'm a huge LA fan and have always loved him.

Fucking perfect addition.

Well this makes me wonder why you did not have @Ians back considering you do not mind standing up for debates.

haha,...Jus trollin buds!

Good deal, how could it not be?

Just now, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Is he rhd or lhd?

Hockeydb has him as lhd.

Edited that to RD.  As in right defenseman.  He's a left shot that's played both sides but so has Rielly (assuming what Dreger said is correct about him playing on the top pairing).

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

They kept Kapanen and their top 2 defensive prospects. This is fucking excellent.

Absolute best take on this trade.

Muzzin is a top 2 dman. Pair him with Rielly and we actually have a fucking good pair side to side.

Rielly - Muzzin

Dermott - Zaitsev

Gardiner - Hainsey

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

They kept Kapanen and their top 2 defensive prospects. This is fucking excellent.

Just cause you're hard n all does not mean they will trade Kapanen and our top two defensive prospects or won't trade them.

I know this sorta seems like traction trading, and yup, we still have a few in the bank but,... 

Best to keep the wrinkles until the 25th to see what irons out,.lol

(couldn't resist)

3 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Seems odd that everyone on the planet that can spell hockey knows the leafs desperately need a top RHD and they go get a LHD.

Maybe more to come?

The value is there and we improve our defense without giving up a top prospect.  There may be more but there doesn't have to be for this to make sense. he can play both sides (as can Rielly and Gardiner for that matter).  Though I do wonder how Babcock feels about that type of switch.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Just cause you're hard n all does not mean they will trade Kapanen and our top two defensive prospects or won't trade them.

I know this sorta seems like traction trading, and yup, we still have a few in the bank but,... 

Best to keep the wrinkles until the 25th to see what irons out,.lol

(couldn't resist)

Dubas has already mentioned that Kapanen isn’t for sale and trading Durzi makes less sense if they’re going to weaken their defensive prospect pool moreso by trading Sandin or Liljegren. Those two are bigger losses than Durzi, evidently.