(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 1
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Debaser

Muzzin to Leafs

10 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Seems odd that everyone on the planet that can spell hockey knows the leafs desperately need a top RHD and they go get a LHD.

Maybe more to come?

Muzz had played both sides in L.A

I liked Dermott - Zaitsev more than Gardiner - Zaitsev. G and Z just don't go well together. Zaitsev has been off his game playing with Gardiner. Gardiner forces Z to play a way he is not meant to play. Gardiner and Hainsey were solid for a stretch last year.

This is a huge deal for the Leafs.

Just now, King of Dick Mountain said:

Ok, Tammy. 

Not like him and Doughty had many successful seasons together or anything. Fuck, Muzzin this season has fantastic underlying numbers despite being buried with defensive zone starts and only playing with Doughty 8.6% of the time at ES.

Doom and gloom! Yay!

5 minutes ago, AoR said:

Well that answers the question of how Babcock feels about this.

I don't think it does tbh.  Hainsey is more of an RD than half the RDs in the league.  For the record, I don't think Babcock will have an issue doing what needs to be done considering both Rielly and Muzzin have shown competence on their off side.

Hope Muzzin returns to his top pairing ways. Regardless, significant upgrade on Hainsey.

This is a great move by the Leafs! Sure Muzzin isn't right handed but he does play the right side which is exactly where we needed to improve not to mention he definitely adds some grit to this team... I'm going to the game on Friday, I really hope Muzzin is in the lineup!

9 minutes ago, Armster said:

@DannyShould be happy. We have a hitter that knows how to hit without taking dumbass penalties.

He does do it well.

Was also thinking the guy also quietly covers spots when Drew goes on his forward motion business, so that stay at home is in effect also. check, and check

He's honestly a better fir for us than Peiterangelo and any of the other names I heard thrown around. Parayko would have been the only better option available, but at a higher price. Players like Muzzin on your d core win you the cup. Hainsey and Ozghanov were the only players that had an ounce of muscle on our back end.  We've addressed that.