(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 1
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Debaser

Muzzin to Leafs

1 minute ago, Holymakinaw said:

And we still have 4 million in cap space for the rest of this season, to grab a guy with an expiring contract for a run.

Even better, Marleau’s contract (unless he’s dealt come summer) is off the books once Muzzin’s expires. They have a solid chance of keeping him past 2020.

2 minutes ago, Armster said:

Ok.  Now you're getting carried away.  Unless there's a defenseman out there named Peiterangelo that I'm unaware of.

I think what he meant was in terms of comparing what we may had to give up/gave up.

4 minutes ago, Armster said:

Ok.  Now you're getting carried away.  Unless there's a defenseman out there named Peiterangelo that I'm unaware of.

No but there is a guy out there called MichaelAngelo

Muzzin at 4 million is easier than Pietrangelo's 6.5 million. Muzzin didn't cost us Kapanen or Johnsoon who have already had a great impact as secondary scoring, we would have had to get rid of one of them to get Alex. Liljegren and Sandin get to stay and make their debuts when Muzzin is off contract. (If we don't resign him).

Edited by Kulemin

2 minutes ago, Armster said:

Probably is a better fir though. Possibly even a tree-mendous move!

Okay, these arbour puns are getting sappy. I'll leaf.

Okay that I can agree with + the extension possibilities for both are going to look quite different (assuming we make it that far with Muzzin) but there's also a reason for that.

In any case, I'm good with this move. it's significant enough that it can and should positively impact the team defensively.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Okay that I can agree with + the extension possibilities for both are going to look quite different (assuming we make it that far with Muzzin) but there's also a reason for that.

In any case, I'm good with this move. it's significant enough that it can and should positively impact the team defensively.

Makes sense with how Dubas talks about not getting a rental.  You're right about extension possibilities. You have him for this season and next, if he does well with us we have the opportunity to sign him. Pietrangelo is going to get stupid money when he is a UFA, something we can't afford to do.

3 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Lets hope we can trade Nylander for Pietrangelo and acquire a top-pairing RHD. 

Rielly - Pietrangelo

Gardiner - Muzzin

Dermott - Hainsey

might have a chance of making it out of the first round.

I know you hate uteck and all, but you don’t have to as miserable as him all the time... 

Edited by Morrison7

1 minute ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

The point isn't that good defensemen can't play on bad teams, it is that being the best defenseman on a bad team isn't much of an accolade. 

Which you all knew and decided to overlook, 'cause it interferes with your circle-jerk.

Except that team also has Drew Doughty.