Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Senators vs. Leafs. 7:30 PM EST, SN.

The Game

Jake Muzzin will play in his 500th NHL game when the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Arena on Wednesday.

Muzzin had a goal and two assists in a 6-1 win against the Anaheim Ducks on Monday, his third game with the Maple Leafs after being acquired in a trade with the Los Angeles Kings on Jan. 28. He has 216 points (52 goals, 164 assists) in 499 NHL games.

The Maple Leafs have won back-to-back games and are 3-0-1 in their past four games after going 3-7-0 in their previous 10.

Goalie Craig Anderson is expected to start for the Senators, who will try to end a four-game losing streak (0-4-0) after going 4-1-0 in their previous five games.

Players to watch

Senators forward Ryan Dzingel has 14 points (seven goals, seven assists) in his past 13 games.

Maple Leafs forward William Nylander has six points (one goal, five assists) in his past five games.

They said it

"They're Stanley Cup contenders for sure. I don't think there are any flaws in their lineup anywhere to be honest. Getting (defenseman Jake) Muzzin is huge for them. You kind of have to play a perfect game to beat them. It's as hard as it gets." -- Senators coach Guy Boucher, on the Maple Leafs

"It's been a long road but it's been a good one. A little different path to get here but we made it so it will be exciting to get this one out of the way and continuing moving forward. Just believe in yourself and trust the process." -- Maple Leafs defenseman Jake Muzzin on playing his 500th NHL game

Senators projected lineup

Ryan Dzingel -- Matt Duchene -- Bobby Ryan

Brady Tkachuk -- Colin White -- Mark Stone

Zack Smith -- Jean-Gabriel Pageau -- Magnus Paajarvi

Jack Rodewald-- Chris Tierney -- Rudolfs Balcers

Thomas Chabot -- Dylan DeMelo

Maxime Lajoie -- Cody Ceci

Mark Borowiecki -- Ben Harpur

Craig Anderson

Anders Nilsson

Scratched: Cody Goloubef

Injured: Mikkel Boedker (middle body), Christian Jaros (lower body)

Maple Leafs projected lineup

Patrick Marleau -- Auston Matthews -- Kasperi Kapanen

Zach Hyman -- John Tavares -- Mitchell Marner

Connor Brown -- Nazem Kadri -- William Nylander

Par Lindholm -- Frederik Gauthier -- Andreas Johnsson

Jake Muzzin -- Morgan Rielly

Jake Gardiner -- Nikita Zaitsev

Travis Dermott -- Ron Hainsey

Frederik Andersen

Garret Sparks

Scratched: Igor OzhiganovJustin Holl

Injured: Tyler Ennis (broken ankle)

Status report

Boucher said Boedker is week-to-week. Jaros is day-to-day, and Boucher said he could play against the Ducks on Thursday but is more likely to return against the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday. … Rodewald and Goloubef were recalled from Belleville of the American Hockey League on Wednesday.

Stat pack

Chabot has gone five games without a point after he had six points (two goals, four assists) in his previous seven. … Marleau has four points (one goal, three assists) during a three-game point streak.

18 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Leave it to McLean to talk about potential offer sheets for Kapanen and Johnsson.

Can he fuck off? Christ.

Media is annoying. Leafs could win the cup, the next morning we'll hear nothing but "How can they repeat? They'll have some big decisions to make on UFAs, losing these guys could hurt their chances next year."

8 minutes ago, brocto said:

God. This commentator is making me fall asleep. wtf.

I never knew Romanuk was on this site all along. 

I'd take Cole on his worst than majority of SNs guys at their best. Its like it's a crime to be excited for the Canadian team(s) playing. 

2 minutes ago, majingir said:

I never knew Romanuk was on this site all along. 

I'd take Cole on his worst than majority of SNs guys at their best. Its like it's a crime to be excited for the Canadian team(s) playing. 

Well... I mean it doesn’t help that most of the Canadian teams have been dogshit, some longer than others of course.🤷🏻‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Well... I mean it doesn’t help that most of the Canadian teams have been dogshit, some longer than others of course.🤷🏻‍♀️

Still, even the good ones they aren't excited for. These networks pride themselves on being impartial, even if its Leafs vs Canes or something. 

Cole had to retire eventually, but it sucks SN doesn't have guys with "the voice" for calling games.