Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

GDT: Senators vs. Leafs. 7:30 PM EST, SN.

If I wasn't a Leafs fan, I'd hate the leafs, and it'd have nothing to do with fans or team itself.

The media nonstop goes on and on and on and on about them for literally no reason. That same media the next day questions why people are talking about certain topics when they themselves won't shut up about it.

I thought he had a pretty good game. Made a couple of incredible saves. Only looked shaky on the Chabot goal in the third. We did a piss poor job of defending all night once they established possession in our end. But good teams find a way to win when their A game doesn’t show up, and that’s what matters.

1 minute ago, Matthews34 said:

Zaitsev should be last in ice time. He is awful. There was a little debate the other day on this board regarding McQuaid, I'd probably trade Zaitsev for McQuaid straight up lmao

Zaitsev is awful. However, this roster would be worse with McQuaid on it. You think Zaitsev’s underlying numbers are bad? McQuaid’s would give you a stomach ulcer... because they’re worse. McQuaid is 6th amongst Rangers blueliners in ice-time and mainly plays against the oppositions third line - which is alarming when your possession numbers are in the 35-40% range.

There’s better options than McQuaid out there - because he’s not a top 4 D anymore. Don’t think a team who’s looking to be sellers at the deadline again would be interested in a boat anchor contract when McQuaid is a pending UFA anyways.

19 minutes ago, Armster said:

Are we speaking in absolutes again, regarding possession?  I love this time of day.

What, a guy posting numbers that pisspoor, despite playing easier competition with Skjei and only being 6th in ice-time for blueliners isn’t a concern to you?

Aside from the fact he’s missed 68 games over the past two seasons due to injury and hasn’t been a positive relative Corsi player throughout his entire career despite playing on Boston...trading our expensive garbage for injury-prone garbage that doesn’t make us better is fucking pointless.

Raise your standards, especially when there’s better available.

Edited by Morrison7

21 minutes ago, ryan1983 said:

At this point I would rather see Zaitsev on the 3rd pair, probably screw up dermott though.  If there trying to make him look good for value he's not helping. 

Dermott and Zaitsev did look pretty good together against Washington though.

I’d be willing to retain 20-25% on Zaitsev if it means he’s gone at this point.

3 hours ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Can we all at least finally agree that Gardiner isn't the worst defender in his pairing, let alone the the universe?

Its pretty much like asking, would you rather step in German Sheppard or black lab dog shit.

Either way, you're wiping dog shit off ur shoes.