Sign in to follow this  
ShanaplanMan

When is the Right Time to Name the Next Leafs Captain and Who Should it Be?

No one gives two shits about naming a captain. I'd be fine with going on without one for the rest of time.

Just fucking win games and deal with that useless bullshit later.

Hell, if Toronto won the Cup this year, I wouldn't care if Marincin was the first to hoist the cup.

Close thread.

1 hour ago, ShanaplanMan said:

My pick for pony isn't the only pony, thanks.

My opinion is as valid as anyone else's in the thread.

Most people tend to back up and defend their opinions as best they can. That's just human nature. Doesn't mean an opinion can't be changed.

Unfortunately you being a perpetual dick remains as rigid as ever. :(

Anypony, easy there AM.

You haven't attempted to back up your opinion, all you've done is back pedal to a point where your only reasoning for choosing a captain in season is you're worried we might not know who should hoist the Cup should we win it.

And yes, Todd, naming a captain any time between now and our last game of these playoffs is in season.

My opinion is that it would as appropriate a time as any to name one.

Your opinion appears to be name a captain so we know who will hoist the Cup and let's choose Tavares because he scored a sick OT winner last night.

AKA, your opinion is stupid.

Further, no one has said Tavares is a bad choice at all. So I don't know why you feel the need to have people back that idea up, it's never been presented. What has been presented is your timing is stupid and no one seems to be worried about this but you. That opinion has been backed up with different arguments throughout the thread, the only idea you've offered is "but I didn't say today." No one is arguing today is different, worse, or better than next week or April 8th or game three of the second round. Only that it's a dumb idea that only you are worried about and you can't name a single reason why it's a good idea.

13 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Anypony, easy there AM.

You haven't attempted to back up your opinion, all you've done is back pedal to a point where your only reasoning for choosing a captain in season is you're worried we might not know who should hoist the Cup should we win it.

And yes, Todd, naming a captain any time between now and our last game of these playoffs is in season.

Your opinion appears to be name a captain so we know who will hoist the Cup and let's choose Tavares because he scored a sick OT winner last night.

Further, no one has said Tavares is a bad choice at all. So I don't know why you feel the need to have people back that idea up, it's never been presented. What has been presented is your timing is stupid and no one seems to be worried about this but you. That opinion has been backed up with different arguments throughout the thread, the only idea you've offered is "but I didn't say today." No one is arguing today is different, worse, or better than next week or April 8th or game three of the second round. Only that it's a dumb idea that only you are worried about and you can't name a single reason why it's a good idea.

No my opinion has been Tavares since he's been named a Leaf so you're dead wrong there. Not since he scored a sick OT goal against the Habs.

FWIW Matthews scored the 1st sick OT goal against the Habs this season.

3 hours ago, HBCYG said:

Note, thread title change right on queue. 

Btw, as mentioned, in the offseason. When they have less important things to worry about. Thx

The shit could have been called “I just ejaculated on my TV...discuss.”

2 hours ago, tbnl said:

No one gives two shits about naming a captain. I'd be fine with going on without one for the rest of time.

Just fucking win games and deal with that useless bullshit later.

Hell, if Toronto won the Cup this year, I wouldn't care if Marincin was the first to hoist the cup.

Close thread.

A captain is important in crunch time. When you’re in a corner it matters whether you have one voice, or three, giving direction 

FTR the playoffs are POST season, not in season. In season concludes at the end of 82 games.

Hockey 101 ladies and gents.

So your contention is that the best time to name a captain is during post season? Excellent time for unnecessary distractions. Your brilliance knows no bounds.

3 minutes ago, Jhator said:

A captain is important in crunch time. When you’re in a corner it matters whether you have one voice, or three, giving direction 

Why should a letter dictate that though? This discussion is only happening right now because Todd got excited last night.

Win now, save the letters for the summer.

24 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

So your contention is that the best time to name a captain is during post season? Excellent time for unnecessary distractions. Your brilliance knows no bounds.

No. Not in the middle of (during). After the season ends and before the playoffs start. So for the entire duration of playoffs, whoever gets named.

2 hours ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Anypony, easy there AM.

Don't you dare attempt to offend me Buster.

7 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Don't you dare attempt to offend me Buster.

That’s not exactly difficult to do but... 

21 minutes ago, ShanaplanMan said:

No. Not in the middle of (during). After the season ends and before the playoffs start. So for the entire duration of playoffs, whoever gets named.

How about we worry about winning a playoff round instead of worrying about who wears what letter?

Edited by Morrison7

3 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

That’s not exactly difficult to do but... 

How about we worry about winning a playoff round instead of worrying about who wears what letter instead?

Dude i was just fucking with him i find it kinda cute that if someone goes off the rails here it automatically gets nailed to me and my train of thought LOL. I am by no way perfect as a poster on here but i am not your average everyday ordinary play by the Life's Standards book,

28 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Dude i was just fucking with him i find it kinda cute that if someone goes off the rails here it automatically gets nailed to me and my train of thought LOL. I am by no way perfect as a poster on here but i am not your average everyday ordinary play by the Life's Standards book,

Only because that book is at like a 3rd grade reading level and you’re still stuck on colouring books

AM stop making every post you make about your awkwardness/weirdness please for the love of god can we stay on topic for once.  This is out of control If some of you folks hadn't contributed to the cause here, I might put myself out of my misery.  I just want to talk/read hockey in this section and it's anything fucking but that when we have perfectly good sections elsewhere to take it way the fuck off topic.  Fuck.

18 minutes ago, Armster said:

AM stop making every post you make about your awkwardness/weirdness please for the love of god can we stay on topic for once.  This is out of control If some of you folks hadn't contributed to the cause here, I might put myself out of my misery.  I just want to talk/read hockey in this section and it's anything fucking but that when we have perfectly good sections elsewhere to take it way the fuck off topic.  Fuck.

i definitely have to shoulder my fair share of the blame. sorry dude. won't happen .. as often

34 minutes ago, Armster said:

I often promote staying on topic in these hockey threads but you admins often join the masses, but whatevers can't beat the masses join them eh! 

But yeah no C this year is fine by me and if we won the cup, the player who leads this team (on and off) in the playoffs gets my vote.