Sign in to follow this  
ShanaplanMan

When is the Right Time to Name the Next Leafs Captain and Who Should it Be?

No, we should not do this before the playoffs. That's actually pretty stupid. So is saying he should be right after an OT winner, what if Gardiner scores the next one?

Tavares, Matthews or Rielly in the summer... It could be any of them. I can see arguments for all and the only arguments against for any of them are really "yeah, but what about the other two?" That's a good thing.

Fine. Your 1st paragraph aside, I honestly want to know... when was the last time the Stanley Cup hoisted by a team without a chosen Captain?

I just honestly think that at the end of the regular season, if the Leafs are serious about a Cup run, Tavares is the best player to start this year's playoff run wearing the C.

7 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

No C and if we do win the cup, but i thinks we ain't there yet, if we win it bonus we become the first team in NHL history to do so, changes the rules up about having a Captain in the NHL.

So ok. What player would you have accept the Cup on behalf of the team?

Maybe all three "A's" at once?

4 minutes ago, ShanaplanMan said:

Fine. Your 1st paragraph aside, I honestly want to know... when was the last time the Stanley Cup hoisted by a team without a chosen Captain?

I just honestly think that at the end of the regular season, if the Leafs are serious about a Cup run, Tavares is the best player to start this year's playoff run wearing the C.

When was the last time a team with Tavares won the Cup? A team that played home games in the ACC? 

Who cares? We don't need to name a captain to be serious about shit. I mean really, by this theory, we'd be better off banking Freddie Gauthier captain just so we have one than rolling as we have been all year.

Not the Tavares would be a bad choice, it's just this idea we have to name one to win. We don't. If we kept three A's for Matthews entire extension we'd not have less chance of winning if we give the C to any of the three that are most likely.