Sign in to follow this  
ShanaplanMan

When is the Right Time to Name the Next Leafs Captain and Who Should it Be?

1 hour ago, ShanaplanMan said:

Gee I wonder why season stats and playoff stats are kept separate from each other.

Too advanced for many of you Neanderthals that like to slap each other on the back it seems.

I'm playing by your rules, you've picked during the playoffs. Is that a smart time for a distraction?

2 hours ago, ShanaplanMan said:

Gee I wonder why season stats and playoff stats are kept separate from each other.

Too advanced for many of you Neanderthals that like to slap each other on the back it seems.

Not sure why you want the opinions of neanderthals if you clearly have it already figured out.

Your existential, thought-provoking MENSA posts are wasted here on us mere mortals of lesser intelligence.

Please, go to HFboards where genius of your kind congregate, for the good of humanity! Go, go now before it's too late!

You won't find the answers that you desperately need approval of here.

Seriously, fuck off you fuckeat.

So anyway, to close this silly thread down with a bit of a "final word" on the whole Captaincy matter............the best time to name one is in the offseason, just before training, or maybe during training camp.  That way, they get a whole season........regular and post........to do their Captain thing, and there is no distraction, heading into the playoffs.

And the best choices are Rielly or Tavares at this time.

Okay?

Are we done?

Edited by Holymakinaw

Whole lot of sarcasm inspired by my dislike for Babcock's decision making to, what looks like, moving Muzzin with Zaitsev and Hainsey back with Rielly 😕  When it comes to certain style of players, he just cannot help himself.  It burns my arse.

1 hour ago, loxcane said:

I honestly think if you let the players vote on it, that it would be Rielly by a landslide.

This could be the most likely scenario, but aside from the players, and to turn it to the fans ( which sometimes do not count or never count) (but we do, somehow, someway)

We would all like to think that if Matthews gets it, it gives him even more incentive to sign a longer term after his contract is due and to lead the team as rightfully so projected before we signed,....JT comes into play.

JT- who could be the a logical choice as well knowing his term, his previous duties, but  maybe in the backs of our minds we cope with the thought of him being a natural leader who could also guide AM or Morgan being the captain.

Morgan is the peoples choice and why not? Would it hurt the other twos' feelings?

Maybe. Maybe Matthews, which could send his long term contract off wanting to be a captain elsewhere. ( afterall, is this not the trend for upcoming stars? To be the centerfold?)

Marner- He is a lifetimer imo and just wants something fair contract wise.

I feel the ploy eventually is Matthews.

I also still feel heavily that summer time and before the start of the new season is time to address it, and in no way now or even before these playoffs do we decide. We are still in the mode of make us believe, make it happen mode.

Edited by Danny

2 hours ago, Armster said:

Whole lot of sarcasm inspired by my dislike for Babcock's decision making to, what looks like, moving Muzzin with Zaitsev and Hainsey back with Rielly 😕  When it comes to certain style of players, he just cannot help himself.  It burns my arse.

Took him long enough to spilt up Gardiner and Zaitsev though.

With Babcock commanding as much control behind the bench as he does, I highly doubt it will be a player vote but stranger things have happened.

I imagine a captain wasn't named in season this year because of the Tavares signing.

If he wasn't, the Leafs would have had a captain at the start of this season.