Sign in to follow this  
Danny

GDT Leafs vrs Rangers

The issue is, that he doesn’t have time because he doesn’t anticipate well. That’s what makes Freddie elite though... so I don’t know how much you can expect out of him. He makes like $800K and he’s a rookie. Are there better goalies out there? Of course. But until one comes that cheap without giving anything up, it’s not even worth talking about.

Just now, TuckerIntensity said:

1) I said Gardiner's biggest problem is his partner and that he's not even the worst defenceman on his own pairing. That's not wrong.

2) He didn't have time to move out. Good god, he barely had time to get set. He got across, barley had time to get set, Vesey with a great shot.

No one said Sparks is good or going to save us if Freddie gets hurt. But neither goals are his fault. I'm 100% he'll give up a dog shit goal, you'll get your chance to blame him for something valid.

My bad I must have misread your Gardiner comments

Still disagree on the second goal on Sparks though, but it is what it is. I'm sure he'll give up another shit goal too

I had this discussion with my brother (an Oilers fan) on the idea of trading Brown to the Oilers. They need wingers badly. He said that they might not even be able to take him, due to cap.

Would anyone have any interest in a Brown for Talbot + a couple picks trade?

I know Talbot has been awful this year, but... consider the team he’s on.

His contract expires after this year, would give us a vet for the playoffs, help our cap going forward and the Oilers won’t get shit for him in a trade most likely. 

1 minute ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Then you're fucked if Freddie gets hurt. That's the NHL.

I don't know I think he could have gone on a tear with Freddie out but who knows. I think he's still easily better than Sparks. I don't see the point of moving him for nothing

7 minutes ago, loxcane said:

Danny, you talk like we get dominated all the time though. Whatever we’re doing is working, and it’s working quite often.

I just see it as in how it would improve our team and..when the play comes to our end, just watch how many times there was an opportunity for a hit that we avoid and they still have possession.

We definitely could be better in that area of the game.

2 minutes ago, canadaguy said:

I had this discussion with my brother (an Oilers fan) on the idea of trading Brown to the Oilers. They need wingers badly. He said that they might not even be able to take him, due to cap.

Would anyone have any interest in a Brown for Talbot + a couple picks trade?

I know Talbot has been awful this year, but... consider the team he’s on.

His contract expires after this year, would give us a vet for the playoffs, help our cap going forward and the Oilers won’t get shit for him in a trade most likely. 

Fuck no that eats up our entire cap for the year. I'd rather move some pieces for another D

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

I just see it as in how it would improve our team and..when the play comes to our end, just watch how many times there was an opportunity for a hit that we avoid and they still have possession.

We definitely could be better in that area of the game.

K but... but teams that are playing physical aren’t really winning.

3 minutes ago, Armster said:

We have more skill on the third line than they do on their first line.  Let's not get embarrassed by a 23 year old backup goalie please.

Just no fucking luck. He’s not even playing out of his mind.

2 minutes ago, loxcane said:

Bruh... they have 19 shots in 4 chances

Thats cool. I mean, getting shots doesnt make you win the game. I also don't think the Rangers really care if the Leafs have 150 shots on goal as long as the scoreboard doesnt change?