Sign in to follow this  
Danny

GDT Leafs vrs Rangers

6 minutes ago, brocto said:

Thats cool. I mean, getting shots doesnt make you win the game. I also don't think the Rangers really care if the Leafs have 150 shots on goal as long as the scoreboard doesnt change?

Are you really going to act like the power play couldn’t easily have a couple goals? 

We just perpetuate the shitty leaf fan stereotype around here these days

3 minutes ago, loxcane said:

Are you really going to act like the power play couldn’t easily have a couple goals? 

We just perpetuate the shitty leaf fan stereotype around here these days

Well yeah, that's the easy way. Of course they should have scored at least 2-3 goals on the PPs. But they havent, so it's frustrating, so you pick any shitty possible reason and bitch about it.

And also, the PP has been garbage for well over what 30? games. But tonight has looked a lot better.....

So let’s bitch about it some more and talk about how they haven’t changed any thing... even though they’ve put the puck down to the goal line much more and are averaging almost 5 shots per chance and could easily have 2-3 goals 🤷🏽‍♂️

31 minutes ago, loxcane said:

K but... but teams that are playing physical aren’t really winning.

K, but pretty sure every team would want their players to hit the opposition when they are in their end along the boards with puck possession. If it makes it easier,..think playoffs? Or has the game changed so drastically that teams that do try to control the boards just don't hit anymore in order to gain possession of the puck?  

I dunno man, seems like there are real good teams out there that do it. Pitts, Tampa, Washington, San Jose, Boston, Calgary, Winnipeg. Nashville.

I also do not worry about our powerplay. It will come again.

I worry more about our board presence in our end.

Plus something I am noticing creeping back in, is,... D men slowing down the opposition when the opposition throws the puck past them and try to skate around them. Before it seemed to be an easy path, now, it seems the D men are getting away with some type of friction without getting a penalty, so all this op0en ice dreaming is just that, especially in the playoffs. Space diminishes, and if we are not willing to participate, we will not get a ribbon. ;)

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

K, but pretty sure every team would want their players to hit the opposition when they are in their end along the boards with puck possession. If it makes it easier,..think playoffs? Or has the game changed so drastically that teams that do try to control the boards just don't hit anymore in order to gain possession of the puck?  

I dunno man, seems like there are real good teams out there that do it. Pitts, Tampa, Washington, San Jose, Boston, Calgary, Winnipeg. Nashville.

Those aren’t all real good teams... firstly... and secondly, aside from Winnipeg and maybe Calgary some nights... they aren’t overly physical teams.

1 minute ago, loxcane said:

Those aren’t all real good teams... firstly... and secondly, aside from Winnipeg and maybe Calgary some nights... they aren’t overly physical teams.

They do possess it though whereas we really don't. That is why we are labeled soft as butter. Again, it is an area where we need to step up in, not step out of as far as I am concerned. Also, when the going gets rough........it would be nice to create some other momentum changes.

I’m starting to think Marleau shouldn’t even be in the NHL anymore. Maybe playing on back to back nights isn’t doable for him these days. But you can’t let the play break down that many times where you’re playing with the best player on the team.