Sign in to follow this  
Danny

GDT Leafs vrs Rangers

Just now, loxcane said:

Gards really makes it hard to defend him sometimes 😔

Same could be said for our players and their lack of making body contact. I love our skill but we could still use some feistiness.

Just now, Danny said:

Same could be said for our players and their lack of making body contact. I love our skill but we could still use some feistiness.

It’s not a complete detriment to most of their games though. Gardiner is generally pretty good until the option is to make the physical play or look like a fuckwad. He opts to look like a fuckwad every time.

7 minutes ago, Debaser said:

Don't give a shit if it's a 4 on 0. You're squared up to the shot you should stop it.

Ya... No. Shit defense, great shot. He makes the save it's a great save, not a routine one. You hang either of their goals on Sparks and you're not watching or don't understand hockey.

1 minute ago, loxcane said:

He’s always too deep and too low. 6’6 and everyone knows they have all day upstairs on him.

I'm not about to absolve blame from the rest of the guys out there, but he had to time to get in position for the shot, and he sorta did, only way too deep. He's just bad. If anything happens to Freddy we are 100% fucked. And we wouldn't be if we had kept mcbackup

It’s not a complete detriment to most of their games though. Gardiner is generally pretty good until the option is to make the physical play or look like a fuckwad. He opts to look like a fuckwad every time.

There are teams that out muscle us along the boards ofeten, they control us that way and another reason why our team usually just either gets driven back and hemmed or end up just skating backwards letting them gain our line.

Agree with the second half.

He’s always too deep and too low. 6’6 and everyone knows they have all day upstairs on him.

Agreed here too. He does go low often.

2 minutes ago, Debaser said:

I'm not about to absolve blame from the rest of the guys out there, but he had to time to get in position for the shot, and he sorta did, only way too deep. He's just bad. If anything happens to Freddy we are 100% fucked. And we wouldn't be if we had kept mcbackup

He’s not as bad as leafs fans make him out to be... but he’s not good.

Just now, Debaser said:

1) He did not have time to get further out and square up. He barely had time to set his feet.

2) Yes, we would actually. If we want a safety net for Freddie, we're gonna have to do better than either of those guys.

1 minute ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Ya... No. Shit defense, great shot. He makes the save it's a great save, not a routine one. You hang either of their goal on Sparks and you're not watching or don't understand hockey.

Are you going to tell me again that the only thing wrong with Jake Gardiner is Nikita Zaitsev again? Because I can tell you you're wrong on that one too

Not to say Zaitsev isn't a pile of shit either

Sparks doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on anything because he's been shit. And that was a stoppable shot of he moves one foot out

Just now, Danny said:

There are teams that out muscle us along the boards ofeten, they control us that way and another reason why our team usually just either gets driven back and hemmed or end up just skating backwards letting them gain our line.

Agree with the second half.

Agreed here too. He does go low often.

Danny, you talk like we get dominated all the time though. Whatever we’re doing is working, and it’s working quite often.

2 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

1) He did not have time to get further out and square up. He barely had time to set his feet.

2) Yes, we would actually. If we want a safety net for Freddie, we're gonna have to do better than either of those guys.

I don't know if there was a better backup option in the league from mcbackup. He was fantastic for us. Not gonna spend 3 mil on a backup tendy

Just now, Debaser said:

Are you going to tell me again that the only thing wrong with Jake Gardiner is Nikita Zaitsev again? Because I can tell you you're wrong on that one too

Not to say Zaitsev isn't a pile of shit either

Sparks doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on anything because he's been shit. And that was a stoppable shot of he moves one foot out

1) I said Gardiner's biggest problem is his partner and that he's not even the worst defenceman on his own pairing. That's not wrong.

2) He didn't have time to move out. Good god, he barely had time to get set. He got across, barley had time to get set, Vesey with a great shot.

No one said Sparks is good or going to save us if Freddie gets hurt. But neither goals are his fault. I'm 100% he'll give up a dog shit goal, you'll get your chance to blame him for something valid.