Sign in to follow this  
AoR

GDT: Leafs vs. Blues

5 minutes ago, GeneralT001 said:

They didn't even score either goal (one by the STB goalie and the other a skate deflection). Not impressed.

They scored 2 goals in 31 seconds against one of the hottest teams and goalies in the league right now. Who gives a fuck how they were scored?

I swear most of you are just looking for things to complain about.

Edited by Morrison7

21 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

i will say that we don't look like much of a "team."

just a bunch of talented players.  

The coach hasnt been able to make a team from all this talent he’s got. But to most fans just making the play offs is already like winning the cup, so they’re fine with it.

23 minutes ago, GeneralT001 said:

Yeah...not much going to the defense of any of our players who are taken a run at.

this seems like nonsense to me. every team has runs taken at them.  in fact kadri is supposed to be one of the players with some physicality, so what's the explanation that they took a run at him?  

7 hours ago, brocto said:

The coach hasnt been able to make a team from all this talent he’s got. But to most fans just making the play offs is already like winning the cup, so they’re fine with it.

I don’t know that consistent/ linear point progression is a) possible  and b) necessary to advance as a team/organization. 

Tampa, the class of the league, have finished with the following point totals since drafting Stamkos (excluding lockout): 66, 80, 103, 84, 101, 108, 97, 94, 113

They went: miss, miss, conference finals, miss, miss (lockout), 1st round exit, SCF, conference finals, miss, conference finals. 

Pretty up and down, but would be tough to say they weren’t competitive or getting better throughout that. If anything, watching Washington win after countless people had them “never winning with OV”, or the yearly early exit, was a lesson in sticking with it, keeping your core guys and getting up and going for it again no matter where you finished or how the previous playoffs went. 

This young team needs a deep run to kick start that, and I think that’ll be more valuable than whatever points they finish with.