Sign in to follow this  
brocto

gdt: sucks - leafs

25 minutes ago, Armster said:

Need to see improvement individually not because of another player.  Unless Zaitsev was yelling from the bench on how he should screw up last night. I get the thing to do is to hate on Zaitsev believe me  i know how bad he is but pinning Muzzin's failures on Zaitsev is hilarious.  Zaitsev also responsible for Trump is he? 

I'm just calling a spade a spade, is all. I actually don't think it's popular to hate on Zaitsev either, personally I've been noticing his sub par play for a while (and believe I've mentioned that.) I don't know what Morri is on about, it irks me that it might look like I'm agreeing with him, actually. 

I said that Muzzin was playing poorly, but also it seems everyone who plays with Zaitsev sees a down tick in their play, no matter how they are playing on their own (for instance, like Hainsey sees an up tick in play with Rielly, even though he's playing well on his own.)

This isn't new, me saying it or his partner having a rough time, see Gardiner (who again, I'm not saying was playing phenomenal, only that before we call him the worst defender in history, we should question if he's the worst on his own pairing.)

In short, you can pretend this is something deeper, but it isn't. Zaitsev's partners play better when they aren't alongside him.

Zaitsev-Reilly "Reilly looks really off lately wonder why"

Zaitsev-Gardiner "Gardiner looks really off lately wonder why"

Zaitsev-Muzzin "Muzzin looks really off lately wonder why"

When everywhere you walk smells like shit you best check your shoe. Zaitsev has made literally every partner he's had on the leafs look worse. Now Gardiner is who he is and makes some really bad decisions with the puck and muzzin has looked bad lately even without zaitsev but it seems to get compounded by having a terrible partner. The team really needs to consider jettisoning zaitsev as soon as possible before his NTC kicks in as his contract is abysmal for what we get

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

We could still have Schenn. 

He looks super terrible now. Has he always been that... useless? I swear he looked, serviceable, with us. His play has aged, like, 40 years and he's not even 30 yet lol 

Schenn was playing against Nylander last night quite a bit, so he didn't need to do much.

Nylander must have thought the game was being played under old timer rules.....no contact

Say what you will about Zaitsev, he deserves what he gets, but this nonsense of blaming other players deficiencies on him is garbage.

Gardiner is fucking stupid, and makes terrible decisions all on his own.

Muzzin has been trying to win the fucking Norris since coming to the leafs and his choices of when and where to pinch are ridiculous.

His recent tendency to make flashy low percentage plays is beginning to dominate his game and he needs to hit the reset button. Its like he's trying to prove he fits in with this highly skilled team.

Zaitsev looks lost half of the time he's on the ice.

Even Rielly has been guilty of some bone headed plays lately.

1 hour ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Say what you will about Zaitsev, he deserves what he gets, but this nonsense of blaming other players deficiencies on him is garbage.

Gardiner is fucking stupid, and makes terrible decisions all on his own.

Muzzin has been trying to win the fucking Norris since coming to the leafs and his choices of when and where to pinch are ridiculous.

His recent tendency to make flashy low percentage plays is beginning to dominate his game and he needs to hit the reset button. Its like he's trying to prove he fits in with this highly skilled team.

Zaitsev looks lost half of the time he's on the ice.

Even Rielly has been guilty of some bone headed plays lately.

Right On ,, !!   this is true,,see ya !

TI you know that isn't what he said lol even a dumbass like me knows that. He is just saying every defenders play as of late has be dropping a bit and it isn't cause of Zaitsev. But i do agree Dubas needs to take Zaits into his office and ask him if he wants to get traded b4 July 1st cause if he keeps playing like he does he won't be with the team any more.Time to take the kid gloves of these guys and make them play the way they were meant to play and it has to be someone other than Babcock delivering the message.