Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Game 69:Bolts vrs Leafs

2 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

Fuck rag it. Sounds legit.

I don’t know why I’m still surprised you’re like this. 

Even in the face of evidence you’re wrong you’re holding onto your original stance.

This has happened with you so many times. 

Its okay to be wrong and admit it, let that one sink in for a while.

FWIW, I hope my thoughts are wrong. I hope he didn't. I'm also not going to chastise him for thinking he did say it, or at best of the worst someone said, because people make mistakes and it's all about how you handle them. 

I think the NHL is sweeping this whole thing under the rug because a) it's easier and b) it's what they do. You go out of your way to say Rielly didn't say it, fine, but someone did. But enough for them is saying "nope, we interviewed some people and they said it wasn't said. The audio that is all over the internet agrees with us no matter what it sounds like to you."

3 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

FWIW, I hope my thoughts are wrong. I hope he didn't. I'm also not going to chastise him for thinking he did say it, or at best of the worst someone said, because people make mistakes and it's all about how you handle them. 

I think the NHL is sweeping this whole thing under the rug because a) it's easier and b) it's what they do. You go out of your way to say Rielly didn't say it, fine, but someone did. But enough for them is saying "nope, we interviewed some people and they said it wasn't said. The audio that is all over the internet agrees with us no matter what it sounds like to you."

What are you talking about? The NHL punished Getzlaf and Shaw for similar things. Why would they now decide to sweep it under the rug?

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

What are you talking about? The NHL punished Getzlaf and Shaw for similar things. Why would they now decide to sweep it under the rug?

They fined Getzlaf 10K on his 9.025 million salary, that was a step back in the second instance, that we know of, likely because of who said it. I don't think they started sweeping this under the rug now.

The damage is already done either way. The news picked up on it. Now a ton of people think he said it, and nobody except the hockey fans still in the loop will pick up on the fact that he didn’t.

Someone pointed out how the Duke Lacross Alleged Rape Case coverage was non stop and when it was ruled that they were not guilty it was never covered as much and there are a ton of people who still think that they were guilty and never heard the correction. Another note the false accuser was convicted of second degree murder a few years after.

1 minute ago, TuckerIntensity said:

They fined Getzlaf 10K on his 9.025 million salary, that was a step back in the second instance, that we know of, likely because of who said it. I don't think they started sweeping this under the rug now.

He went with cocksucker over faggot, hence the lesser punishment. 

1 minute ago, TuckerIntensity said:

10K was the maximum they were allowed to fine under the CBA. Shaw got one playoff game and a 5K fine, not much of a precedent set there.

When i first heard the video it did look and sound like Rielly was saying it to the ref but the more you listen the more you pick up on the differences of what was supposedly said. I am glad he got cleared of any wrongdoing but at the end of the day most likely at 2pm today the court of public opinion(media) will get their say.

56 minutes ago, TuckerIntensity said:

So it's also cool to yell "you fucking n..." at Wayne Simmonds.  He should just go knit a sweater if he doesn't like it.

That's a huge leap from what I said.

Not every kid is cut out to play a demanding sport like hockey.

It has nothing to do with race or sexual preference.

2 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

I wonder if TML will start turning off their in rink microphones to prevent any more misadventures on social media due to the current politically correct culture.

That goes directly against league policy so... no.

4 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

It does when you said maybe you shouldn’t be playing hockey if youre upset about someone calling you an f word. 

4 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

it’s basically exactly what you said.  

‘gay people, gtf-over it, and if you cant, stay the fuck out of hockey and go knit a sweater.’

4 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

I wonder if TML will start turning off their in rink microphones to prevent any more misadventures on social media due to the current politically correct culture.

I wonder if TML will go over anti-discrimination policies with their employees, which includes speech from their employees, due to living in the current year.  

Guess that wasn’t your first thought to address any possible problem, weird.

1 minute ago, Pai Mei said:

it’s basically exactly what you said.  

‘gay people, gtf-over it, and if you cant, stay the fuck out of hockey and go knit a sweater.’

No I said the snowflakes of the world. Unless that's a code word for gays, which I'm not aware of, then you are assuming.

I'll be quite thrilled if they are meeting to turn this into some good, actually. You guys seem pretty upset about that, but that's not something I can control. As I said already, what I'd say to Rielly/Dubas if I was in a position to say something is that regardless of who said, or didn't say,  what it sounds like was said, the situation isn't great and how can we use it to be better? The Leafs as an organization appear to be an ambassador / advocate / good samaritan, whatever you want to call it, how can you use this to further the message?

If they say "see, vindicated, if you said anything against us, shame on you" I won't be thrilled. I also don't think they will do that.

2 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

I wonder if TML will go over anti-discrimination policies with their employees, which includes speech from their employees, due to living in the current year.  

Guess that wasn’t your first thought to address any possible problem, weird.

Stuff like that can be handled internally not by some PC culture crazed maniacs on the web.