Sign in to follow this  
Kulemin

$25 million nationwide college admissions cheating scam for the rich, involving several famous people

https://abcnews.go.com/US/actresses-ceos-arrested-nationwide-college-admissions-cheating-scam/story?id=61627873

" Those indicted in the investigation, dubbed "Operation Varsity Blues," allegedly paid bribes of up to $6.5 million to get their children into elite colleges, including Yale, Stanford, Georgetown and the University of Southern California, federal prosecutors said. "

2 hours ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

"There can be no separate college admission for the wealthy, and I will add there will not be a separate criminal justice system either."

giphy.gif

Yup, the fallacy of practical democracy and the practical application of greed.

To me what's most ironic about this....in less transparent times, the rich and famous didn't have to go through such trouble to get their kids into whatever school they wanted. They just stroked a cheque to the school and voila.

In today's much more transparent world, the shit the Rich and famous have to endure is overwhelming...due to so much more transparency.

Lesson for you kids out there....never become Rich and Famous...

Edited by uteck

Do we really believe George Bush got into Yale purely based on his own merits. 

Students like that fund the University for other students who can’t pay to join. At least that’s how it should work, sadly it definitely doesn’t and there is a constant rise in education cost. 

18 minutes ago, Kulemin said:

Do we really believe George Bush got into Yale purely based on his own merits. 

Students like that fund the University for other students who can’t pay to join. At least that’s how it should work, sadly it definitely doesn’t and there is a constant rise in education cost. 

Depends on who reported it.

If Fox News said George Bush Jr got into Yale on his own merits I would believe it.

If CNN reported that George W didn't qualify to enter Yale but got in due to inappropriate behavior from George Sr I wouldn't believe it.

But since I never watch Fox news and CNN, this would never happen.

47 minutes ago, Kulemin said:

Does anyone else think that this shows how much of a joke a large portion of Universities are? Wouldn't these kids just fail out right away. What kind of a joke ivy league school hands out degree to people like this?

I've always said that universities and governments are just overly expensive daycares.

38 minutes ago, tbnl said:

I've always said that universities and governments are just overly expensive daycares.

A lot of degrees end up just being that, delaying real life.

For Ivy Leagues its more about networking and the social status and credentials of having went to an ivy league school. These kids don't need to go to an ivy league school, their parents can set them up with a trust fund. It's more about being able to say, my child went to *insert prestigious school*.

This video is the quickest to get to the clip I want you to see,

specifically the young Yale student saying

"It's not about creating an intellectual space, it's about creating a home here."

The rest of the video isn't important.