Sign in to follow this  
tbnl

GDT: Leafs host Hawks: Don't Panic Edition

27 minutes ago, Armster said:

Nylander is the least of our problems lmao.  What a strange thing zero in on.

Clown who sat out a third+ of the season, got himself massively overpaid and has done nothing subsequently...oh sorrry, he has 5 goals and 17pts, woohoo!

Just now, Calico said:

Clown who sat out a third+ of the season, got himself massively overpaid and has done nothing subsequently...oh sorrry, he has 5 goals and 17pts, woohoo!

What does Nylander have to with how we're playing rigth now aside from him appearing to be along with Matthews the only players with effort?

6 minutes ago, Calico said:

You’re still absolutely delusional to believe Nylander would have been close to 100% after missing 28 games.

His possession numbers are dominant and his transition game has been elite... and this is playing with some of the biggest liabilities on this roster all year. Relax.

Edited by Morrison7

1 minute ago, Armster said:

What does Nylander have to with how we're playing rigth now aside from him appearing to be along with Matthews the only players with effort?

Typical of how we're playing now, comfortable and rich and I don't see the effort either!

So I'm going with the Leafs are doing this on purpose to fall in the rankings so that we can go through the Metro rather than Boston.

I may be delusional but it's the only way I can cope right now.

3 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

You’re still absolutely delusional to believe Nylander would have been close to 100% after missing 28 games.

His possession numbers are dominant and his transition game has been elite... and this is playing with some of the biggest liabilities on this roster all year. Relax.

After 41 games, a huge contract, I'd expect a fuck of a lot more than the sad performance he's produced.

17 minutes ago, AoR said:

So I'm going with the Leafs are doing this on purpose to fall in the rankings so that we can go through the Metro rather than Boston.

I may be delusional but it's the only way I can cope right now.

No, they just suck that much.

Out scoring our defensive lapses worked great till we couldn't score anymore...

7 minutes ago, uteck said:

Yes, but not as deficient as Dubas who agreed to that contract for Nylander 

Meh. That's nothing.

Not acquiring defensive depth so now Toronto's forced to have Marincin and Ozzy playing again was foolhardy.

Bad enough Muzzin was an expensive acquisition that really changed nothing.

7 minutes ago, tbnl said:

Meh. That's nothing.

Not acquiring defensive depth so now Toronto's forced to have Marincin and Ozzy playing again was foolhardy.

Yeah, because who would have saw Dermott, Gardiner, and Rosen going down all at the same time? Borgman’s been out since January.  God I wish we had buyers remorse like Columbus is having with McQuaid already :(

Not to mention, Muzzin’s been seen wearing a backbrace. Playing injured while playing alongside the worst defencemen on the roster isn’t ideal. He was absolutely fine the first few weeks he was here.

Edited by Morrison7

4 minutes ago, Armster said:

Oh look it's Phil Kessel w/ Uteck all over again.  Who could have predicted that one?  Oh me.  You'd think he'd learn from being embarrassingly wrong about Kessel but alas, here he is.

Yes. The leafs fell right off the cliff after trading Phattie just like you said. 

I said trading/getting rid of Phattie would be the the only way the leafs would get better.  

I am maintaining the leafs would be better served trading Willy for a defenceman

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Yeah, because who would have saw Dermott, Gardiner, and Rosen going down all at the same time? Borgman’s been out since January.  God I wish we had buyers remorse like Columbus is having with McQuaid already :(

Not to mention, Muzzin’s been seen wearing a backbrace. Playing injured while playing alongside the worst defencemen on the roster isn’t ideal.

Whether it's injury, suspension or just plain shitting the bed, we all wanted depth. You know you were disappointed that nothing was done.

6 minutes ago, tbnl said:

Meh. That's nothing.

and then if he had traded away valuable assets for a depth defenseman and we were fortunate enough to avoid having injuries to 3 of our top guys, you'd be complaining about that.

seriously, most of you genuinely seem like you would rather the Leafs do poorly. you guys seem to enjoy it when they lose. complaining is way more fun for you guys.