Sign in to follow this  
tbnl

GDT: Leafs host Hawks: Don't Panic Edition

Typical, this 'comeback' in the third will mask the issues this team has. Unfortunately nothing we can do. As stated, hopefully it'll get better come play off time,  but I doubt it. Babcock didnt get to figure it out in 70 games, doubt the remainder are suddenly going to be different.

Gotta act this off season, we have the pieces to get a top D, so we should be okay. Just gotta figure out if it's going to happen with Babcock.

6 minutes ago, brocto said:

Typical, this 'comeback' in the third will mask the issues this team has. Unfortunately nothing we can do. As stated, hopefully it'll get better come play off time,  but I doubt it. Babcock didnt get to figure it out in 70 games, doubt the remainder are suddenly going to be different.

Gotta act this off season, we have the pieces to get a top D, so we should be okay. Just gotta figure out if it's going to happen with Babcock.

Yeah.

We're only 42-23-5..........a lousy 3rd in the east.......crappy 5th in the entire league...........career years for stupid Marner, Tavares, Rielly, Kapanen, and likely soon for Andersen.........2nd highest scoring team in the dumb east........only 4 teams in the east have given up fewer goals(SHIT).........only 6 teams in the entire league have better power-plays........we have a middle of the pack PK...........we suck.

Fire Babcock.

Look how he's ruined us.

2 minutes ago, Holymakinaw said:

Yeah.

We're only 42-23-5..........a lousy 3rd in the east.......crappy 5th in the entire league...........career years for stupid Marner, Tavares, Rielly, Kapanen, and likely soon for Andersen.........2nd highest scoring team in the dumb east........only 4 teams in the east have given up fewer goals(SHIT).........only 6 teams in the entire league have better power-plays........we have a middle of the pack PK...........we suck.

Fire Babcock.

Look how he's ruined us.

Oh. Hainsey was also #1 in +/- on the leader board, so he's definitely the best d in the league. Basically we've won the cup already, because the numbers say so. Change nothing. All continue as is! 

2 minutes ago, brocto said:

Meh, i just want the Leafs to win the cup. 

Lightning fans also want to win the cup. Should Cooper be fired? Capitals fans wanted a cup. Would have been easy to call for Ovi to be traded... he wasn’t a winner. 

It’s tough being at or near the top. Just look objectively. The Leafs are one of the best teams in the league. Are they good enough to win the cup yet? Probably not, but we’ll see. Neither were the Capitals for over a decade of Ovi. If the Lightning don’t win this year, what is the narrative on them?

I get that it sucks seeing incomplete performances from the Leafs... but they’re doing something better than 80% of the teams in the league.

Make a compelling argument why any single team in the league will win the cup and I’m sure there will be an argument against it.

At least the Leafs are in the conversation.

To be honest, i dont mind seeing a loss, i mind seeing the team trying. I mind seeing the team play with heart, wanting to win. I mind seeing the team motivated. And i get it, you don’t win every single game. Theres shit games every once in a while, problem with the Leafs is that the shit games outweigh the good games by a big margin. Teams need to show improvement in play. 

This teams leadership comes into question cause why should Babcock have to get a chokehold on these kids to get anything done , there should be players who should step up when the chips are down and put the team on their back and haul ass. Rielly, Matthews, Tavares, Kadri, and to some extent Marner even though he is still a boy need to grab the bull by the horns and show that desire to be a champion needs to be from minute one to minute 60 in order to be a complete team effort. But that is my opinion i am sure you dicks will shoot it down like always cause well AM knows shit about hockey, right?

3 hours ago, GeneralT001 said:

Andersen was not stellar tonight or last game. It seems hes often just too "not into" the game? Looks way too complacent often? Anyway its was dog ugly except for the ending - why oh why oh why can't they play like that for 60 minutes?

What? Andersen aside from the last two games has been fucking incredible this season - again. Christ.

9 hours ago, brocto said:

Oh. Hainsey was also #1 in +/- on the leader board, so he's definitely the best d in the league. Basically we've won the cup already, because the numbers say so. Change nothing. All continue as is! 

LOL.  So silly.  

Stop wringing your hands, and get over your little anxieties.  We're a damn good team.  We're probably also not quite ready.  It takes a bit of time, and lots of luck, to win a cup.

And we have a great Coach.

1 hour ago, Holymakinaw said:

LOL.  So silly.  

Stop wringing your hands, and get over your little anxieties.  We're a damn good team.  We're probably also not quite ready.  It takes a bit of time, and lots of luck, to win a cup.

The fact that most of this core is still incredibly young and still developing, while RHD is still the largest area that needs to be addressed by management places more emphasis on the fact that they’re not quite ready yet.

This team has come a long way three seasons removed from finishing last in the league.

2 hours ago, Holymakinaw said:

LOL.  So silly.  

Definitely not ready. Not even close to ready. I’d like for this team to become ready though, not like you ‘fans’ that are okay with mediocrity crap and just keep finding excuses and keep telling yourself everything will be alright... like you have for basically your entire lives.

no need to get all in crybaby mode when you are told the team isnt good enough and neither is the coach.

6 hours ago, Anger Management said:

This teams leadership comes into question cause why should Babcock have to get a chokehold on these kids to get anything done , there should be players who should step up when the chips are down and put the team on their back and haul ass. Rielly, Matthews, Tavares, Kadri, and to some extent Marner even though he is still a boy need to grab the bull by the horns and show that desire to be a champion needs to be from minute one to minute 60 in order to be a complete team effort. But that is my opinion i am sure you dicks will shoot it down like always cause well AM knows shit about hockey, right?

Key word here is kids.

They are still learning how to play consistently at the pro level.

There will be peaks and valleys.

Just now, brocto said:

Definitely not ready. Not even close to ready. I’d like for this team to become ready though, not like you ‘fans’ that are okay with mediocrity crap and just keep finding excuses and keep telling yourself everything will be alright... like you have for basically your entire lives.

no need to get all in crybaby mode when you are told the team isnt good enough and neither is the coach.

There's a difference between being "okay with mediocrity" and understanding the process enough to be patient with the ebbs and flows of kids developing.

15 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

There's a difference between being "okay with mediocrity" and understanding the process enough to be patient with the ebbs and flows of kids developing.

Not to mention the fact that some of our d-men aren't as skilled as other players are, so they're making mistakes. Zaistev and Hainsey, etc. if we had more skilled players then maybe this wouldn't be an issue. Of course, though, some fans like to blame the coach every time we lose when really, the coach isn't the issue. Far from it.

Not sure which fans you are referring to, but i never said he needs to be fired because we lose. Its the way we play the game, the mentality lacking, the fact that there is no improvement, yet babcock stated after the first 4-5 games that they watch the dvd of every single game with the team to get better, its been 70 games and its still as bad and that i blame babcock for.

you cant claim you go over the game every the day after to work out the mistakes and than 70 games in still have the same mistakes or even worse.

It’s a good thing we’re in a position to make a significant move this off season, we have a top forward(willy or marner) that can be traded for a top defender and hopefully that’ll help out next year.