Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tbnl

GDT: Leafs host Hawks: Don't Panic Edition

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

The league really needs to get a grip on individual salaries.

No one needs to make 10+ million a year to play hockey. It's getting absurd. (In all sports)

The way I see it, for us to have a chance is, the league has to get rid of hitting. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

The Leafs have won lots of games this season when they're not the most physical team, but please continue to harp on about hitting.

They also outhit Chicago and still lost so...

Why should I listen to your facts knowing that integral parts of our game is missing that would help us out. 

If you do not see opportunities where we could be more physical (OOOPS SORRY FIOR SWEARING) well that is on you , not me.

You expect our team to only gain momentum in a game that is measure by many aspects and avoid contact or players that supply that forte to allow the skilled players to do what they do ( because that is what they do) and meanwhile avoid many times where even a simple body check could help out in our zone and other zones and  have an excuse lined up where it shows that we are winners is a sad example to emulate the fact of intestinal fortitude can reach deeper and bring out the type of hunger and physical play that can also be implemented.

In your world, all we need is skill, wrong.

Ya sure. the playoffs have not occured yet and even though I hope we have a miracle year in the playoffs and you have bowed down to,...well it takes time,...well it will take a hell of a lot more time to grind through a whole bunch of 7 games series and come out on top unscathed. But ya, keep on dreaming bout the skills of the game and forget about body work or intimidating your opponents, because guess what,..that is what they are doing to us if we do not push back.

 

The hits you talk about are creampuff hits,..Fuck your stats! Use your eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope the leafs don't fall into the trap of trying to match teams physically. Especially against Boston.

It will be short series again if they try to out muscle the Bruins.

They need to use their foot speed to be relentless on the puck and pressure the B's to make mistakes and take penalties from chasing.

Get the PP clicking and it could be a short series for the B's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

rWhy should I listen to your facts knowing that integral parts of our game is missing that would help us out. 

If you do not see opportunities where we could be more physical (OOOPS SORRY FIOR SWEARING) well that is on you , not me.

You expect our team to only gain momentum in a game that is measure by many aspects and avoid contact or players that supply that forte to allow the skilled players to do what they do ( because that is what they do) and meanwhile avoid many times where even a simple body check could help out in our zone and other zones and  have an excuse lined up where it shows that we are winners is a sad example to emulate the fact of intestinal fortitude can reach deeper and bring out the type of hunger and physical play that can also be implemented.

In your world, all we need is skill, wrong.

Ya sure. the playoffs have not occured yet and even though I hope we have a miracle year in the playoffs and you have bowed down to,...well it takes time,...well it will take a hell of a lot more time to grind through a whole bunch of 7 games series and come out on top unscathed. But ya, keep on dreaming bout the skills of the game and forget about body work or intimidating your opponents, because guess what,..that is what they are doing to us if we do not push back.

 

The hits you talk about are creampuff hits,..Fuck your stats! Use your eyes. 

Danny, I mostly agree with you on the style of hockey you would like to see them play, and the type of players they would need to play a physical game, but that's not the way the team is built.

I love the old style hard nosed hockey also,.

Gimme Brian Glennie on the blue line destroying guys with a hip check anytime, unfortunately, the kids and their skating ability nowadays would spin his head in circle if he tried.

One of the best 1v1 playoff battles I've seen over the course of a series was Yushkevich vs Jager. 

Edited by Wilma Fingerdo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

I just hope the leafs don't fall into the trap of trying to match teams physically. Especially against Boston.

It will be short series again if they try to out muscle the Bruins.

They need to use their foot speed to be relentless on the puck and pressure the B's to make mistakes and take penalties from chasing.

Get the PP clicking and it could be a short series for the B's.

They can't adjust to that, now they have to reach down and rely upon their skill because they are too afraid to push back like that. Why do you think they never went against Kronwall, or anyone who knocked Andersen?

That is my point.

Here Morri promotes skill and forgets that actual physcal play can promote momentums. But the only thing we have to rely on is sure skill, and speed.

Ever hear of slow the game down?

How does the opposition play a speedy team? 

 

Pssst,...they hit them, play the board game, but unfortunately, sometimes they go right up the pipe with us because they no that the contact is minimal.

|Why not have a team that wears them down on the boards and with speed.

Balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

The Leafs have won lots of games this season when they're not the most physical team because they excel in many other areas, but please continue to harp on about hitting.

They also outhit Chicago and still lost so...

They also didn't do what Chicago and Tampa did...

Show up during the first half of the game.

 

 

Lack of physicality isn't the nail in the coffin... only playing 30 of the 60+ mins is. Team needs to bite down right after the anthems are done, not wait till the first intermission while 4-0 in the hole.

Leafs have more than the ability to out skate, out skill and out score any team in the league. The opposition could throw a cement truck on the ice and that heaviness wouldn't matter. Boys need a strong coffee and a hard slap the moment they put their skates on. WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU DROWZY CUNTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why should I listen to your facts knowing that integral parts of our game is missing that would help us out. 

If you do not see opportunities where we could be more physical (OOOPS SORRY FIOR SWEARING) well that is on you , not me.

You expect our team to only gain momentum in a game that is measure by many aspects and avoid contact or players that supply that forte to allow the skilled players to do what they do ( because that is what they do) and meanwhile avoid many times where even a simple body check could help out in our zone and other zones and  have an excuse lined up where it shows that we are winners is a sad example to emulate the fact of intestinal fortitude can reach deeper and bring out the type of hunger and physical play that can also be implemented.

In your world, all we need is skill, wrong.

Ya sure. the playoffs have not occured yet and even though I hope we have a miracle year in the playoffs and you have bowed down to,...well it takes time,...well it will take a hell of a lot more time to grind through a whole bunch of 7 games series and come out on top unscathed. But ya, keep on dreaming bout the skills of the game and forget about body work or intimidating your opponents, because guess what,..that is what they are doing to us if we do not push back.

 

The hits you talk about are creampuff hits,..Fuck your stats! Use your eyes. 

You've been uteckian with the whole "we need grit and hitting" narrative all season and when the Leafs finally outhit an opponent; you dismiss it since it amounted to nothing... because they lost. Solid logic.

They're still amongst the upper echelon of the league despite them lacking in the grit department. Blaming a lack of grit and hitting every time they lose is basically your cop-out at this point.

17 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

I just hope the leafs don't fall into the trap of trying to match teams physically. Especially against Boston.

It will be short series again if they try to out muscle the Bruins.

They need to use their foot speed to be relentless on the puck and pressure the B's to make mistakes and take penalties from chasing.

Get the PP clicking and it could be a short series for the B's.

They've been dominate offensively all season, and they continue to dominate the possession and the transition game at 5v5. Grit can likely be addressed in the summer if needed be, but now they just need to focus on getting and staying healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tbnl said:

They also didn't do what Chicago and Tampa did...

Show up during the first half of the game.

 

 

Lack of physicality isn't the nail in the coffin... only playing 30 of the 60+ mins is. Team needs to bite down right after the anthems are done, not wait till the first intermission while 4-0 in the hole.

Leafs have more than the ability to out skate, out skill and out score any team in the league. The opposition could throw a cement truck on the ice and that heaviness wouldn't matter. Boys need a strong coffee and a hard slap the moment they put their skates on. WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU DROWZY CUNTS.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, majingir said:

I went with all teams from 1-11(since Preds/Canes have same point total). Islanders were the team to mess up numbers abit (-7 5v5 differential).

Overall, Leafs have scored 49 goals and allowed 44 in 5v5 situations vs top 10 teams. Number which matters the most, they're -5 in this situation vs Bruins.

 

25 minutes ago, brocto said:

What's the stats of the Leafs 5v5 vs the top 10 teams in the league? Maj had some info, but can't find where?

There it is for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, brocto said:

What's the stats of the Leafs 5v5 vs the top 10 teams in the league? Maj had some info, but can't find where?

Tampa: 50.71 CF%, outshot them 84-74, 142 shot attempts for, 138 shot attempts against.
SJ: 46.34 CF%, got outshot 65-47, 95 shots attempts for, 110 shot attempts against.
Calgary: 44.91 CF%, got outshot 59-47, 97 shot attempts for, 119 shots attempts against.
Boston: 52.64 CF%, got outshot 104-100, 209 shot attempts for, 188 shot attempts against.

WSH: 54.34 CF%, outshot them 89-81, 188 shot attempts for, 158 shot attempts against.
NYI: 51.63 CF,% shots were even at 60 a piece, 111 shot attempts for, 104 shot attempts against.

Pitt: 53.41 CF%, outshot them 86-84, 188 shot attempts for, 164 shot attempts against.

WPG: 52.15 CF%, outshot them 60-52, 109 shot attempts for, 100 shot attempts against.

CAR: 48.70 CF%, outshot 57-53, 112 shot attempts for, 118 shot attempts against.

NSH: 48.15 CF% outshot, 31-17, 52 shot attempts for, 56 shot attempts against.

All from http://www.naturalstattrick.com/, but we're working with small sample sizes here. Hell, Toronto only plays Nashville once this year while the most amount of games they've played against a top 10 team is 4 games (Boston).

 

Edited by Morrison7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tbnl said:

not wait till the first intermission while 4-0 in the hole.

 

The first intermission and we might have actually completed the comeback.  No sir we waited until the opening faceoff of the third period to finally join the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

Tampa: 50.71 CF%, outshot them 84-74, 142 shot attempts for, 138 shot attempts against.
SJ: 46.34 CF%, got outshot 65-47, 95 shots attempts for, 110 shot attempts against.
Calgary: 44.91 CF%, got outshot 59-47, 97 shot attempts for, 119 shots attempts against.
Boston: 52.64 CF%, got outshot 104-100, 209 shot attempts for, 188 shot attempts against.

WSH: 54.34 CF%, outshot them 89-81, 188 shot attempts for, 158 shot attempts against.
NYI: 51.63 CF,% shots were even at 60 a piece, 111 shot attempts for, 104 shot attempts against.

Pitt: 53.41 CF%, outshot them 86-84, 188 shot attempts for, 164 shot attempts against.

WPG: 52.15 CF%, outshot them 60-52, 109 shot attempts for, 100 shot attempts against.

CAR: 48.70 CF%, outshot 57-53, 112 shot attempts for, 118 shot attempts against.

NSH: 48.15 CF% outshot, 31-17, 52 shot attempts for, 56 shot attempts against.

All from http://www.naturalstattrick.com/, but we're working with small sample sizes here. Hell, Toronto only plays Nashville once this year while the most amount of games they've played against a top 10 team is 4 games (Boston).

 

This is a time where small sample sizes are actually relevant. because a large sample is impossible to use on a seasonal basis in this category and it can show enough of a trend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...