Sign in to follow this  
Debaser

Mass Shooting in New Zealand

2 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

jesus fucking christ. i watched the video. he killed probably close to 40 people in the one mosque. i don't know why i watched that. really terrible decision.

what a fucking coward. torture the piece of shit for the rest of his life. but keep him alive for a long, long time. let him suffer.

I watched it too. 

Dude is fucked. The video is fucked. I shouldn't have watched. 

14 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Lethal injection isn’t near as painful as it should be for these types of fucking assholes.

They should water it down (just a bit) ....make the pain last a little longer

1 minute ago, Danny said:

They should water it down (just a bit) ....make the pain last a little longer

Use Succinylcholine injections for this guy.  Paralyzes them while they are alert but can’t do shit to stop it, they’re helpless as their diaphragm quits.

Just watched an episode of Forensic Files about it.

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Use Succinylcholine injections for this guy.  Paralyzes them while they are alert but can’t do shit to stop it, they’re helpless as their diaphragm quits.

Just watched an episode of Forensic Files about it.

I like the idea of their diaphram quitting but if they are paralyzed, well the pain is not even felt. They need more pain

how bout this 

The Heretic's Fork was a special torture device reserved for those who spoke out against the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages. With two spiked ends, the device was attached to the victim's neck and only removed after the wearer had spoken words, "I recant."

At what point do the people on social media who promote the anti Muslim/anti immigrant narrative begin to take some responsibility for these tragedies?

Fine line between freedom of expression and promoting hatred.

It's pretty clear that social media is unable, or unwilling to police itself. Perhaps time for other measures.

42 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

At what point do the people on social media who promote the anti Muslim/anti immigrant narrative begin to take some responsibility for these tragedies?

Fine line between freedom of expression and promoting hatred.

It's pretty clear that social media is unable, or unwilling to police itself. Perhaps time for other measures.

I didn't take the time to read the manifesto this terrorist posted. This is what the terrorist wanted, to further spread divide and get his message out. From the snippets I've read it's a huge troll job, a bunch of it seems planted to garner media attention but when you boil it down it comes down to xenophobia and white supremacy. I hope we learn not to give these terrorists, serial killers and school shooters any attention. In the days of social media this is never going to happen, especially since he fucking live streamed the terrorist attack. This is a new beast emerging. Neo Nazi terrorism is on the rise.

It's pretty clear where the line is, when you start calling for violence.

Otherwise what is considered hatred? Some of the things said about Trump supporters would be considered hatred if you replaced the word Trump Supporters with any other group of people. Is denying the holocaust promoting hatred? Who decides? What happens when someone like Trump has the power to decide? What happens when the consensus is no longer on your side?

Social media is both unable and unwilling to police itself. It's something that will be very difficult to deal with. Facebook and Twitter face massive challenges. How do you police 500 million tweets a day other than implementing an AI solution? How do you ensure that AI isn't biased and isn't taking down legitimate content  It's difficult, but twitter seems more receptive. Facebook is almost begging to be regulated and I really don't trust then at all. Facebook and Twitter clearly influenced the past election and it will always influence any future election. Facebook has pockets within itself that are meeting grounds for extremism, yet there is almost nothing you can do about it. They;ll continue to open new pages and groups up. Social media has become a cancer to our society. The more connected we have become the more we've been divided. The comment sections on some news articles about this will make you lose your faith in humanity.

59 minutes ago, Kulemin said:

I didn't take the time to read the manifesto this terrorist posted. This is what the terrorist wanted, to further spread divide and get his message out. From the snippets I've read it's a huge troll job, a bunch of it seems planted to garner media attention but when you boil it down it comes down to xenophobia and white supremacy. I hope we learn not to give these terrorists, serial killers and school shooters any attention. In the days of social media this is never going to happen, especially since he fucking live streamed the terrorist attack. This is a new beast emerging. Neo Nazi terrorism is on the rise.

Otherwise what is considered hatred? Some of the things said about Trump supporters would be considered hatred if you replaced the word Trump Supporters with any other group of people. Is denying the holocaust promoting hatred? Who decides? What happens when someone like Trump has the power to decide? What happens when the consensus is no longer on your side?

Social media is both unable and unwilling to police itself. It's something that will be very difficult to deal with. Facebook and Twitter face massive challenges. How do you police 500 million tweets a day other than implementing an AI solution? How do you ensure that AI isn't biased and isn't taking down legitimate content  It's difficult, but twitter seems more receptive. Facebook is almost begging to be regulated and I really don't trust then at all. Facebook and Twitter clearly influenced the past election and it will always influence any future election. Facebook has pockets within itself that are meeting grounds for extremism, yet there is almost nothing you can do about it. They;ll continue to open new pages and groups up. Social media has become a cancer to our society. The more connected we have become the more we've been divided. The comment sections on some news articles about this will make you lose your faith in humanity.

Well, there are nations in the world that regulate/censor/prohibit some social media platforms.

The masses will lose their minds if government tries to implement any type of system like that in the west, but that doesn't mean it would be wrong to do.

Im looking forward to retirement when I can head to my place at the lake, leave my cell phone, laptop, internet all all behind.

If I want to talk to anyone, they'll find me floating in my canoe somewhere on the lake.

14 minutes ago, Wilma Fingerdo said:

Well, there are nations in the world that regulate/censor/prohibit some social media platforms.

The masses will lose their minds if government tries to implement any type of system like that in the west, but that doesn't mean it would be wrong to do.

Im looking forward to retirement when I can head to my place at the lake, leave my cell phone, laptop, internet all all behind.

If I want to talk to anyone, they'll find me floating in my canoe somewhere on the lake.

China is great at it. 

4 hours ago, Kulemin said:

I like how you pretend to be interested in this subject, though you still haven't bothered to look up the caselaw that simply and clearly lays out the tests they use. 

Trump doesn't have the power to declare new offences. Have a fucking word with yourself, you ignorant twat.

1 hour ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

I like how you pretend to be interested in this subject, though you still haven't bothered to look up the caselaw that simply and clearly lays out the tests they use. 

Trump doesn't have the power to declare new offences. Have a fucking word with yourself, you ignorant twat.

Who are the they we are talking about? New Zealand, America, Canada, Austria, China, Russia? The tests are different everywhere. Some stricter than others.

I didn't mean that Trump does have that power, the question was posed to consider what happens when these rules are made by people across the political spectrum from you. Don't have too much faith in the consensus.

Edited by Kulemin

The tests in the U.S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and everywhere else that has laws largely based on British law are all remarkably similar. Every single one of those countries also has constitutional checks and balances that are specifically designed to moderate extremism.

You'd know both of those things if you actually bothered to look things up instead of JAQing off all over the place like the bellend you are.