(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 2
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Morrison7

CWHL Folds

Looks like NWHL will be getting teams in Toronto and Montreal. 

Massachusetts already has Boston, and Ontario will have Toronto. So minus Calgary and I guess China, all other markets from CWHL basically covered even with league gone.

Would be nice if it had NHL backing. WNHL name is owned by the NHL, why not just help out? They want to expand their market, how about helping a women's league so girls growing up have more inspiration too. I'm sure that'd help grow hockey more than having 8000 fans watch a Panthers game and cost league millions of dollars. 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:23 AM, majingir said:

Looks like NWHL will be getting teams in Toronto and Montreal. 

Massachusetts already has Boston, and Ontario will have Toronto. So minus Calgary and I guess China, all other markets from CWHL basically covered even with league gone.

Would be nice if it had NHL backing. WNHL name is owned by the NHL, why not just help out? They want to expand their market, how about helping a women's league so girls growing up have more inspiration too. I'm sure that'd help grow hockey more than having 8000 fans watch a Panthers game and cost league millions of dollars. 

I'm sure nothing will be more inspiring than a a league less universally appealing than the WNBA and the media coverage of the ECHL.