Eskimo Face From The 90s

Your 2019/2020 Toronto Maple Leafs

Just now, King of Dick Mountain said:

Right. Right. 

Because fans chant his name and he's going to the ASG and because this is what you're capable of. 

Sure, there's no evidence our goalies have been less than brilliant if you just arbitrarily exclude all of the evidence that clearly shows they've been decidedly sub-par. 

Looks like I’m out numbered.

apparently goaltending has been the weak link on this team.

I didn’t realize SV% was such a powerful stat all by itself.

1 minute ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Right. Right. 

Because fans chant his name and he's going to the ASG and because this is what you're capable of. 

Sure, there's no evidence our goalies have been less than brilliant if you just arbitrarily exclude all of the evidence that clearly shows they've been decidedly sub-par. 

It's just easier to blame the defence that's been either mismanaged (Babcock) or injured (Keefe) all season.

1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

It's just easier to blame the defence that's been either mismanaged (Babcock) or injured (Keefe) all season.

It’s actually far easier to blame the goalie, considering he is only one guy.

The balance of the D group is a lot more complex of an issue.

5 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Clearly, they've both been bad, the goaltending and the defence.

So the majority here say defence and goaltending are the main issues....we lose Rielly for 8 weeks and call up Sandin who most likely will make the team if he plays like he is capable of....For all we know Barrie can make a marked improvement and Holl and Dermott set to take the next step in keeping their spots on the roster.

I do feel bad for the Marlies tho they are getting decimated right now with call ups.

3 minutes ago, JockDent said:

Clearly, they've both been bad, the goaltending and the defence.

I get that goaltending has been off lately, but it has at least had long stretches where it shined.

1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

Nope, fans chanted his name once and he's going to the ASG. Clearly Freddy is fine!

🙄

I didn’t say that was why the defence deserve much of the blame.

keep up bud lol.

Freddie is an up and down goaltender.

When he's on his game, it's not surprising that the fans would chant his name, but you wouldn't catch me chanting his name.

I don't care if a goalie doesn't make miraculous safes, just stop the ones you should.

Edited by JockDent

The Leafs have two goaltenders, and those stats Morrison7 quoted are made up from the stats of three different goalies, but sure. 

We'll go with your word on things since you've got such a great handle on it that you don't even know how stats are calculated or understand what they represent.

Not that stats matter, mind. 

I took another look at the goals against from last night's game, and being very, very generous with the goaltenders, I would say each of the goalies flubbed at least one.

But we lost 8-4, so.

10 minutes ago, JockDent said:

It's times like this that I take solace in small blessings:

Mitchy is averaging 1.26 points per game, not bad.

McDavid 1.51, sick!

Despite the numbers outside of him and Draisatl being at around 1.5 ppg avg. the next highest person on the team has 30 points...kinda sad actually.

I think it's more of a maturity level and the realization and understanding that even though they have all the skill necessary to compete, it's the hard work and commitment that will get them to the next level.

There are always going to be tweaks to the roster because of team needs and cap considerations, but the sooner the team matures and accepts that working as a 5 man unit on both sides of the puck is the path to success, the sooner they will begin to realize their goals.

Most championship teams go through this process.

It may not be the worst thing for them to miss the playoffs this year.

Fans will cry a river and want to tear it all down.. but really... who gives a fuck what fans think.

I do find it strange that nobody was complaining about the undeserved chants or the all star selection for Andersen until after these last few games, considering he played below average pretty much all season.

Is it possible that people just forgot to complain about such an obvious season long issue?

Were people just mistaken when pointing out issues with Rielly, Barrie, Marincin and Ceci?... or saying “if the forwards would just help more”?

I guess I need to watch more closely.

2 minutes ago, koho said:

i really don't think they do have a choice

Barrie - Dermott

Holl - Ceci

Sandin - Liljegren

Marincin

I never thought we'd be in a position where we have too many RHD's. LOL