(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 2
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Sign in to follow this  
Danny

GDT 2018/19 playoffs LEAFS VRS BOSTON take 2

11 minutes ago, Puq said:

It was a selfish play by Kadri... and all we can do is hope the Leafs can adjust with the changes to the lines they now have to make.

Kadri is great when he plays on the line, but man what a selfish play at another crucial time for Kadri.

At the very least our center depth is much better this year so it shouldn't be too horrible 

24 minutes ago, Armster said:

Now that said, we still had a chance to push forward and Nylander then Kadri fucked it up.   I'm not going to pin it on reffing because I feel like you have to be able to adapt to what is going on around you.  However if that's how the series is going to be called then we're going to have to find a way to take our liberties too...smartly.

Agreed we didnt lose because of the refs but that doesn't change they were inexcusably awful 

1 hour ago, Armster said:

How many penalties and majors did you see in there. Watch closely too or you'll miss some of the ridiculous elbows.   However many you think you can also subtract and that's how many were called.

i didn’t catch the game, but in that video there were multiple *really* dangerous plays which should have been suspensions tbh, or at least major penalties.

4 hours ago, Armster said:

I too think we should continue to remove all passion and emotion out of the game.  Our Leafs have it in bounds.  No need to play the game outside the game.

F that. If the players are going to play like robots, light the fire elsewhere. Bring back Pat Burns!  Some of ya'll forget what fire looks like.

The last thing I wanna see as a fan is emotionless figure skating hockey. I want to see some "toxic masculinity".

2 hours ago, Puq said:

It was a selfish play by Kadri... and all we can do is hope the Leafs can adjust with the changes to the lines they now have to make.

Kadri is great when he plays on the line, but man what a selfish play at another crucial time for Kadri.

Selfish? LMAO! 

4 hours ago, Puq said:

At the end of the day the Bruins got away with too much, but Kadri just can’t be doing selfish suspendable things.

He may well have fucked our team now as we shuffle around our lines to find something that works.

It scares me that I'm agreeing with Puq, but he's right. I get being mad as fans, but players have keep control of themselves. There's a lot of ways Kadri can get retribution without cross checking him in the face, plenty that won't get him suspended and hurt us. Drop the mitts ffs.

It was selfish, it was stupid and it hurts us. It's also far too common from him. As much as I wish he hit DeBrusk harder (especially since he was going to get himself suspended anyway) because I'm pissed, he can't do it. What's the point of paying him 4.5 a year if he's gonna miss half of every playoff series? You want to be a tough guy, go fight him.

5 hours ago, Kulemin said:

Nobody is rightfully responding to your trolling.

It's not even about the goals. We know we sucked and we lost because we sucked. You're suggesting the Boston goals are scored in a vacuum, which they weren't. You take the game as a whole. Armster put forth a perfect example that has been clear for the past two games. Chara is able to get away with interference every time he is on the ice. There are atleast ten different penalties that werent called because "playoffs". This leads to the bruins knowing that they can take these liberties and continue to get away with penalties. Kadri just doesn't know how to ride the line like they did.

Everyone here knew the game was over after the Nylander goal. It's about how this is going to refereed for the next few games. If it's a repeat of last night it's a danger to all players on the ice. This is a clear example of why officiating is needed in high intensity games. You can't have two completely different standards for the playoffs and regular season. You might not call the borderline calls one way or another. But you can't be taking Gauthier off for nothing and letting Debrusk elbow Dermott in his nose and bloody him, knee/trip Kadri with no call, and let Chara run interference all game. Tavares got a blatant high stick in the face in sight of a ref. No call. The only call made was the Pasta hit and funnily enough he stopped running people after that.

The officiating led to the bullshit that happened last night. It's not one event, it's the whole thing.

*properly/correctly. Not 'rightfully'.

No, I'm suggesting that discounting what actually happened and inserting your own version of events based on 'could have' is both hilarious and pathetic.

Well, not suggesting. Outright telling you.

9 hours ago, Armster said:

We're going home and boy do I have some insight for you.

Matching against a one-line team should be Babcock's easiest task now. It's going to be figuring out how to get Matthews going and dealing with the physicality that all the Bruins lines and defense dish out.  We made Chara look silly even last night, the thing was he got away with a lot of minor interference.  

The issue I have with the line matching is he’s too worried about it.  They even mentioned it during the intermission....it takes away any momentum from the players when they have to get off the ice because the Bruins have Marchand/Bergeron on....who cares?....they might be the best line for the B’s, but we have (or had) three that could match them.

I don’t know ....I’m still pissed off at that fiasco last night.

1 hour ago, Al Nadir said:

Cotdamn, I have to admit I kinda like Avery, if just for that.

I'd rather have Avery as the head of DoPS over Parros imo. A rat knows a rat better than anyone, not to mention that Parros is terrible at his job.

Edited by Morrison7