(C1) NSH 2
(WC1) DAL 2
(C2) WPG 2
(C3) STL 3
(P1) CGY 1
(WC2) COL 3
(P2) SJS 2
(P3) VGK 3
(A1) TBL 0
(WC2) CBJ 4
(A2) BOS 2
(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 2
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CognitiveBias

Can the league suspend refs for massively screwing up repetitively in a game?

Recommended Posts

no.  All reffing is reviewed after the playoffs are over then they make decisions on who is allowed to continue coaching playoff games and who isn't but this won't matter. Have you seen or listened to Mike Murphy. It's like listening to Cliff Fletcher a couple of years ago.

 

The NHL is as bad as it gets with reffing.  0 Accountability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the tale of 2 seasons.

One that promotes skill and speed to satisfy the sponsors by keeping it fast and entertaining whwre the slightest touch of a stick is a penalty.

The second where "no holds barred" takes over and players are able to get away with anything and the sponsors dont mind because viewership increases just because its the playoffs.

Follow the money and you find the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Holymakinaw said:

Wah, the Refs are out to get us.  After 2 periods we were being outshot 27-11, but it's the Ref's fault we lost.  Suspend the Refs.

😡 :) 

 

The Bruins were the better team. The officiating in Game 2 was genuinely terrible.

It’s okay to say both things. Nobody aside from the OP has blamed the refs exclusively. Stop being an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holymakinaw said:

Wah, the Refs are out to get us.  After 2 periods we were being outshot 27-11, but it's the Ref's fault we lost.  Suspend the Refs.

😡 :) 

 

The Leafs were outplayed. What does that have to do with the refs in that game looking like they have no business being part of the NHL?

Edited by CognitiveBias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Slasher said:

I've said it for years but I just can't wrap my head around why the rules change completely in the playoffs. Does anyone get it? Someone explain it to me.

I'd love an explanation for this too. Last night actually went beyond that though... it wasn't just about letting more go, it was about randomly calling things here and there when they finished jerking off and were watching. There was no consistently and the refs let the game get completely out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadri's hit last year and what happened last night is comparing apples and oranges. Last year he just royally screwed up. This year I can understand what happened... and the refs and DeBrusk share the blame with Kadri. If someone almost destroys my knee with not just a knee-on-knee, but a knee to the side bending my leg sideways (the kind of injury that can ruin a career) and no 5 minute penalty, I'm probably going to spear them in the face. Kadri showed restraint.

Kadri is getting used and abused and there is more to come from the league soon.

Edited by CognitiveBias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jhator said:

MLB suspended umpires just in the last year or so for blowing obvious calls. Should become standard in all major leagues.

I agree. That's exactly how you fix the problem. I'm 99.9999% sure that not just one, but both refs saw that hit on Kadri and turned a blind eye. And if they didn't they weren't doing their job and need some serious training on how to monitor a game.

Edited by CognitiveBias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slasher said:

I've said it for years but I just can't wrap my head around why the rules change completely in the playoffs. Does anyone get it? Someone explain it to me.

I have a theory about this .... during the regular season, the players get paid...therefore, it is in the interest of everyone to promote safety, harmony, figure skating etc.

During the playoffs, the revenues are all for the owners....so fuck safety, harmony, figure skating etc and get as close to killing your opponent as possible because: playoffs.

 

It’s just a theory...hasn’t been peer reviewed yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slasher said:

I've said it for years but I just can't wrap my head around why the rules change completely in the playoffs. Does anyone get it? Someone explain it to me.

Uhhh, hate to say it, but,..I get it.

That's why I was one of the only ones seeking some heavy physicality rootin, tootin hombre types. It is the way it has been,...like forever, or as far as I recall. It becomes very weighted/heavy where battles take place and are allowed more often. truth.

But ya, look, I get it,....and for stat guys it drives them nuts because they think,....Why have two different systems that allows what you call a penalty in the regular season just stop, then allow a different set of rules/or allowing a different guideline when for I.E. a simple one handed stick check near the gloves becomes a penalty and, then in the playoffs a D man is allowed to take down an opponent or crosscheck him in the back in the crease or along the boards and let almost havoc take place, especially when there is a cap and teams prefer to go with skill and pay those types? 

The real simple answer is, we have never seen games in the playoffs called like they do in the regular season, and when they actually do it twice in a row, then maybe I would adjust my stance on the importance of a goon that can still play. i.e.kassian/others lol

Again, I cannot help but love our team, and man they really impressed me the first game, throwing hits out of the blue and controlling the B's. Thing is, the bruins just got nastier game two, and got away with it, so the truth is still there that the playoffs get called differently and now expect our team to rebound,(I do), part of another learning curve, but yup, they have to come together, and not just one or two step up, everyone. Everyone just needs to own some confidence and know that the battle to victory is hard and sometimes you just have to look past the way the game is called and just be the hungrier team. 

I totally still believe we can be that team,..it a'int over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Babcock's comments when asked about the officiating in game two yesterday were interesting.

“Every night you get a set of four officials (including linesmen),” Babcock said. “They are no different than the teams. They’re trying to advance (in the playoffs). They eliminate officials as they go, they have people who watch them and decide whether they are the right people to move on."

Edited by CognitiveBias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Danny said:

Uhhh, hate to say it, but,..I get it.

That's why I was one of the only ones seeking some heavy physicality rootin, tootin hombre types. It is the way it has been,...like forever, or as far as I recall. It becomes very weighted/heavy where battles take place and are allowed more often. truth.

But ya, look, I get it,....and for stat guys it drives them nuts because they think,....Why have two different systems that allows what you call a penalty in the regular season just stop, then allow a different set of rules/or allowing a different guideline when for I.E. a simple one handed stick check near the gloves becomes a penalty and, then in the playoffs a D man is allowed to take down an opponent or crosscheck him in the back in the crease or along the boards and let almost havoc take place, especially when there is a cap and teams prefer to go with skill and pay those types? 

The real simple answer is, we have never seen games in the playoffs called like they do in the regular season, and when they actually do it twice in a row, then maybe I would adjust my stance on the importance of a goon that can still play. i.e.kassian/others lol

Again, I cannot help but love our team, and man they really impressed me the first game, throwing hits out of the blue and controlling the B's. Thing is, the bruins just got nastier game two, and got away with it, so the truth is still there that the playoffs get called differently and now expect our team to rebound,(I do), part of another learning curve, but yup, they have to come together, and not just one or two step up, everyone. Everyone just needs to own some confidence and know that the battle to victory is hard and sometimes you just have to look past the way the game is called and just be the hungrier team. 

I totally still believe we can be that team,..it a'int over

I agree with everything you've said here....to address the part in bold :  Wouldn't a guy like Wayne Simmons have helped ?

The game has changed...in the regular season.   But playoff hockey, is still playoff hockey.   We don't need a goon.   But we could use some toughness, some grit, and perhaps even some forwards who know that a fore check usually involves some sort of contact.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJ_2000 said:

I agree with everything you've said here....to address the part in bold :  Wouldn't a guy like Wayne Simmons have helped ?

The game has changed...in the regular season.   But playoff hockey, is still playoff hockey.   We don't need a goon.   But we could use some toughness, some grit, and perhaps even some forwards who know that a fore check usually involves some sort of contact.

 

 

 

Given the fact Simmonds has amounted to fuck all in Nashville and this team has enough players in their bottom six who aren’t contributing... probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AJ_2000 said:

I agree with everything you've said here....to address the part in bold :  Wouldn't a guy like Wayne Simmons have helped ?

The game has changed...in the regular season.   But playoff hockey, is still playoff hockey.   We don't need a goon.   But we could use some toughness, some grit, and perhaps even some forwards who know that a fore check usually involves some sort of contact.

 

 

 

I was pulling moreson for a Kassian landing knowing he would of received a 4th line maybe third line role and personally would of used him as the player to either agitate the opposition by means of big body hits, or to use his fisticuffs when called for. Basically my theory is that it may have been better for a guy like Kassian to be the suspended one,..( not saying that Kadri still does not get suspended still) but you know what I mean.

Simmonds was a little further down my choices, he is injured now but again...hindsight. We need foresight right now in our game and the boys have to do whatever it takes....except for retaliating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

For the price paid, I'd have still gambled on Simmonds. 

I also think he's more valuable vs. BOS than he is vs. DAL, who have no credible team grit at all outside of Ritchie.

Radulov is gritty but, ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...