(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 2
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Danny

GDT PLAYOFFS GAME THREE BRUINS/LEAFS

18 minutes ago, §andman said:

Dubas is so fucked in the Marner contract negotiations. 

10.5M 

Yep. And we could have had him at $7.5 AAV in the off season contract negotiations, but the Leafs thought that was too rich. Now they'll really be paying a pretty penny for him.

Edited by CognitiveBias

3 minutes ago, Humper said:

Being that I'm likely the only one on here that witnessed all 4 of the last Cups won by the Leafs, some of you might not know this game was very reminiscent of those games in the playoffs of the 60's.

Those teams were real good, but most nights they had to dig and claw out their wins. And they didn't win them all, far from it.

What I'm saying is even if we wind up going deeper in this post-season than we have in the recent past, don't expect it to be all easy sailing. Most games will be tooth and nail squeakers. Like @Calico said, not healthy for us more mature types.

Right?  As they start locking games down like these ones, it's when the confidence starts to build and composure is maintained.

Marner has earned every dollar from the Maple Leafs he is doing it all for fuck sakes i can't believe how much of a rounded player he is (PK, PP, 5v5, blocks puck battles) the fucker does it all except coaching and i swear he will be a coach some day i will bank on it.

2 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Not overly well. 

We're still gonna lose, I guess it's just gonna take longer than I thought.

That's okay Schlep, as long as you root for Boston, we should win in the long run. Some may forget that mighty power you bring.

8 minutes ago, Anger Management said:

Marner has earned every dollar from the Maple Leafs he is doing it all for fuck sakes i can't believe how much of a rounded player he is (PK, PP, 5v5, blocks puck battles) the fucker does it all except coaching and i swear he will be a coach some day i will bank on it.

Can we just enjoy the series first? Boston’s eating so much dick that we’re winning this in 5.

6 minutes ago, CognitiveBias said:

It's the little things on every shift (and at the end of the game with those two blocks by Marner) that create champions in the playoffs. Loved what I saw in this game!

And when Matthews doesn't do what 99.9% of other players would and dump it in.  Instead, he allows himself to be pinned in the offensive zone corner with two Bruins on him while protecting the puck so they could make a clean line change and not allow a speed breakout by the Bruins.  Such an underrated play in this game when it should be on the highlight reel.

30 minutes ago, retch10 said:

Can we all agree that Tyler Ennis needs to play every single game we play from this point forward?  That 4th line was our best tonight. He's a sparkplug and has produced every time he's been in the lineup.

If they win this series, when Kadri comes back Brown or Marleau need to sit. Not Ennis.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

And when Matthews doesn't do what 99.9% of other players would and dump it in.  Instead, he allows himself to be pinned in the offensive zone corner with two Bruins on him while protecting the puck so they could make a clean line change and not allow a speed breakout by the Bruins.  Such an underrated play in this game when it should be on the highlight reel.

Ya I like to think I helped too.

When he had it on the sideboards and skated a little bit towards the blue line, I yelled...No take it deep to the corner and kill the clock.

Then he did.

haha.

True stor,y but I bet I'm not the only one who talks to the players through the tv screen. 

Only the third game but man it feels great. We need this, the team needs this and our families need to see us in good moods more often. This helps.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ya I like to think I helped too.

When he had it on the sideboards and skated a little bit towards the blue line, I yelled...No take it deep to the corner and kill the clock.

Then he did.

haha.

True stor,y but I bet I'm not the only one who talks to the players through the tv screen. 

Only the third game but man it feels great. We need this, the team needs this and our families need to see us in good moods more often. This helps.

It sure is a nice feeling that we get to feel good for the day between games.

1 minute ago, Morrison7 said:

Marleau is never sitting and Brown is needed for the PK so...

sooo....you're as dumb as Babcock. The fourth line with Ennis as infinitely better at keeping the opposition in their own zone and plus they score a goal once in a while. If Babcock won't sit the guy who should sit (Marleau) then he deserves all of the shit he should gets if the Leafs lose.