(A3) TOR 2
(M1) WSH 2
(WC1) CAR 2
(M2) NYI 4
(M3) PIT 0
Danny

GDT PLAYOFFS GAME THREE BRUINS/LEAFS

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

sooo....you're as dumb as Babcock. The fourth line with Ennis as infinitely better at keeping the opposition in their own zone and plus they score a goal once in a while. If Babcock won't sit the guy who should sit (Marleau) then he deserves all of the shit he should gets if the Leafs lose.

There's a big difference between saying what he would do and what the reality of it is. The reality is that neither Marleau nor Brown are going to be press-boxed.  They do a lot of small things well that coaches like from players.

As in, Richard "the Lionheart"? The renowned warrior, military leader and King of England? Duke of Normandy, Aquitaine and Gascony? Lord of Cyprus? Count of Poitiers, Anjou, Maine, and Nantes and Overlord of Brittany?

Your insults are worse than your hockey posts, somehow.

22 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

So...this is what Bruins in 5 looks like, eh, King of Cuck Mountain? 

I have asked him on numerous occasions to root for the opposite teams  where he has obliged knowing that my call for the win becomes even more inevitable.

Look man, sometimes we as fans can get pissed off at our team when they play shitty, and all of us have seen some real shitty results, and those past results can tend to spill over into predictions.

Pretty sure deep down he wants the team to succeed, especially when they are playing great and stepping up rather than stepping out. 

As a matter of fact, I am sure others who may have voted Boston in 6 or 7 still want our team to win. Not unless they are total complete trolls with CLS 

1 hour ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

As in, Richard "the Lionheart"? The renowned warrior, military leader and King of England? Duke of Normandy, Aquitaine and Gascony? Lord of Cyprus? Count of Poitiers, Anjou, Maine, and Nantes and Overlord of Brittany?

Your insults are worse than your hockey posts, somehow.

No... not that one.

I see. Another thing you made up, then. "King Richard" is Richard I of England; the Coeur de Leon. It means Lion Heart. He's the lion at the end of Disney's Robin Hood. It's subtle, I know.

Read a book. Any book at all, where the main character isn't called Spot.

I'm completely unsure as to i) why you don't just call me a dick if that's what you want to say; and ii) why you think it's a revelation that a person who self-describes as the King of Dick Mountain and who uses The Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog as their avatar might be a bit of a dickhead.

Edited by King of Dick Mountain

49 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

I see. Another thing you made up, then. "King Richard" is Richard I of England; the Coeur de Leon. It means Lion Heart. He's the lion at the end of Disney's Robin Hood. It's subtle, I know.

I'm completely unsure as to i) why you don't just call me a dick if that's what you want to say; and ii) why you think it's a revelation that a person who self-describes as the King of Dick Mountain and who uses The Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog as their avatar might be a bit of a dickhead.

He's calling you a dick because that's your name in this forum. Wtf did you expect would end up happening? No offense... I don't know you.

Edited by CognitiveBias

7 hours ago, Armster said:

And when Matthews doesn't do what 99.9% of other players would and dump it in.  Instead, he allows himself to be pinned in the offensive zone corner with two Bruins on him while protecting the puck so they could make a clean line change and not allow a speed breakout by the Bruins.  Such an underrated play in this game when it should be on the highlight reel.

I feel like because Matthews doesn't look as flashy he doesn't get as much credit. Maybe it's something else, but they just go about their business in different ways on the ice, both do amazing things but Slick Mitchy seems to get the most praise / doesn't get shit on as much.

This is really just an aside, both have played extremely well in the two wins. Johnny T kinda the same boat, his game is being understated this series so far.

8 hours ago, Armster said:

There's a big difference between saying what he would do and what the reality of it is. The reality is that neither Marleau nor Brown are going to be press-boxed.  They do a lot of small things well that coaches like from players.

... and the reason coaches like those small things is because you don't win game 3 without a lot of players doing those small things.    but, then, it isn't a crazy shot or deke, so fuck those players I guess.  

1 minute ago, Pai Mei said:

... and the reason coaches like those small things is because you don't win game 3 without a lot of players doing those small things.    but, then, it isn't a crazy shot or deke, so fuck those players I guess.  

Yeah when a team is defending a lead there's nothing more important than chipping the puck out effectively or knowing how to push it down the ice without the high risk plays.  We all know the Bruins are going to push back with everything they have to try to tie the game.  Those unnoticed things make can make all the difference.  That's where good coaching comes in and right now we're seeing why Babcock is a top coach in the league.  Nobody ever though the Leafs could defend like this in two of three third periods. Obviously the players have to do their jobs properly but this is coaching.

7 hours ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

You are almost there.... keep trying.

52 minutes ago, Pai Mei said:

one other thing, zaitsev has been very good.   like, really worthy of his cap hit imo.     

maybe the guy just plays up or down to whatever d-partner he's with, and when you put him with muzzin in a best of 7, the guy will show up.   

I’m glad someone else said it.... I’m not allowed to say anything good about Z lol

9 minutes ago, Puq said:

You are almost there.... keep trying.

Almost where? There is no dispute that I am or can be a dickhead. Only you think you're leading a horse to water. Only you are slapping yourself on the back for 'discovering' what has been obvious to everyone who doesn't have Asperger's for a long, long time. 

So, once again. Your comments say lots and lots, but very little about me. 

17 minutes ago, King of Dick Mountain said:

Almost where? There is no dispute that I am or can be a dickhead. Only you think you're leading a horse to water. Only you are slapping yourself on the back for 'discovering' what has been obvious to everyone who doesn't have Asperger's for a long, long time. 

So, once again. Your comments say lots and lots, but very little about me. 

Said the whining snowflake.

;)