Konstantin Konstantinovich

Battleground Thread No. 19-19012

See OP  

4 members have voted

1. 1. See OP

• Yay
    • Nay

Yay. 

We are going to approach capacity if we keep using the same old methods with respect to food and energy production and waste. Raising animals for food is extremely inefficient and generates for more waste and requires more energy. If we moved to a plant based diet we would expand our capacity. We also need to move to cleaner renewable energy. Nuclear, solar, wind are our best options. Moving away from plastics is going to be key, and really anything that relies on oil. Waste is a huge issue too. 

The worst part is most of these things need to come from a government/corporate level. You can change your diet to a plant based diet, you can install solar panels. But this needs to happen quicker and on a bigger scale. 

We are definitely not at capacity and when we do reach that point hopefully we will expand out into our solar system. 

Yay for sure.

If we weren't such fuckheads this planet could support multiple times more humans than exist today.

However, we ARE fuckheads, so it's just as well we overpopulate and then go extinct. Maybe subsequent "intelligent" life forms can do better in the next 104 millennia.

1 hour ago, Konstantin Konstantinovich said:

The millions, if not billions, who subsist on far less than what you consider "the minimal amount", perhaps?

They don’t do it because they want to, they do it because that’s what they have.

If you 2 could stop being children this could actually be an interesting topic.

I get the idea of equality, everyone on a level playing field contributing to the greater good and all of that.

I also get that it’s naive to realistically believe a society can function without the existence of greed, materialism, etc. 

I think the best possible solution likely falls somewhere in the middle, but that seems to always be an absurd option for some reason

You know you fucked up when fucking Tie is the voice of reason. 

Kuli is to busy jerking himself off looking at pictures of himself like Buffalo Bill to understand.

Jodi might be doing the same thing, who knows, but I know I don't have to worry about Jodi dragging this through 5 different threads. 

Be nicer you 2. We were making such progress. 

Totally agree with tie here and his point about greed and materialism and in no way will mankind be able to adapt towards that greater good of man.

Also Kulie, I know you are trying to better the earth by ridding its way of oil and gas and unfortunately it is not even close to adapting all mankind away from it, even in the near future. 

Like a line from one of my tunes goes,..."The worlds' been evoluting way too fast since birthday 1"

Also mentioned years ago about governments taking control of human waste and turning into methane but now since the world is on the wrecked course I dunno about even slapping up methane mills.

And now knowing humans wreck shit, you want the world to spread and wreck more shit and eventually wreck outter space? 

We;d be better off squeezing more humans into one controlled area and letting the rest of the earth just breath and try to recuperate.

I know dreams need to be creative and sometimes sound out of whack before they possibly come to life, but imo, this is either a job for God or Walt Dinsey. I dunno (but I do) ;) lol

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Totally agree with tie here and his point about greed and materialism and in no way will mankind be able to adapt towards that greater good of man.

Also Kulie, I know you are trying to better the earth by ridding its way of oil and gas and unfortunately it is not even close to adapting all mankind away from it, even in the near future. 

Like a line from one of my tunes goes,..."The worlds' been evoluting way too fast since birthday 1"

Also mentioned years ago about governments taking control of human waste and turning into methane but now since the world is on the wrecked course I dunno about even slapping up methane mills.

And now knowing humans wreck shit, you want the world to spread and wreck more shit and eventually wreck outter space? 

We;d be better off squeezing more humans into one controlled area and letting the rest of the earth just breath and try to recuperate.

I know dreams need to be creative and sometimes sound out of whack before they possibly come to life, but imo, this is either a job for God or Walt Dinsey. I dunno (but I do) ;) lol

It's always a very touchy subject when talking to people out west about moving away from oil/gas/coal.

Are we ready to stop cold turkey tomorrow? No. But we should be preparing to do so in the next few decades. Ramping down is an absolutely possible and most likely a necessity.

The market is shifting to electric cars. That's one thing I would expect us to continue to rely on gas for in the next decade or two but not further than that. We'll continue to use oil for plastics for the foreseeable future, and for lubrication purposes. :csb:

Did you know electric heating is the same price as gas heating? 

Probably not, as gas companies have been flooding the internet and communities with "Electric costs more, takes longer to operate and isn't as effective at heating". 

What they don't mention? That is compared to baseboard heaters. Everyone can go electric heating. Well, maybe not you guys. Your government kind of fucked you over making your electricity a private company thing. But Manitoba has stupid cheap electricity. 

If you think greed, selfishness and materialism is innate, tell me about your childhood.

I wanna know what you traded for breast-milk. I wanna know how you ate before you had an income or motor-control. I wanna hear stories about how your sister starved to death 'cause you out-competed her.

Or I want you to shut the fuck up and think about the things you post for, like, five seconds in future.

3 minutes ago, Konstantin Konstantinovich said:

If you think greed, selfishness and materialism is innate, tell me about your childhood.

I wanna know what you traded for breast-milk. I wanna know how you ate before you had an income or motor-control. I wanna hear stories about how your sister starved to death 'cause you out-competed her.

Or I want you to shut the fuck up and think about the things you post for, like, five seconds in future.

To compare the basic family unit to society as a whole and then tell someone to think about their post for five seconds is gold. I'm sorry that something that glaringly obvious isn't apparent to you, and I hope it's just optimistic naivety. There are reasons (biological and psychological) that you treat people in your family different than people not in your family. Innateness of behavior at an individual level is different than the innateness of it at a societal level.

It's incredibly simplistic to think a society of a hundred million people behaves the same as a family unit, or that it could.

53 minutes ago, Kulemin said:

It's always a very touchy subject when talking to people out west about moving away from oil/gas/coal.

Are we ready to stop cold turkey tomorrow? No. But we should be preparing to do so in the next few decades. Ramping down is an absolutely possible and most likely a necessity.

The market is shifting to electric cars. That's one thing I would expect us to continue to rely on gas for in the next decade or two but not further than that. We'll continue to use oil for plastics for the foreseeable future, and for lubrication purposes. :csb:

Dude, I may live out west but that has no bearing on what my personal view is and yes, there are many things that bug me as much as you..i.e. plastics, littering in general, gas oil, which I think of as the earth being an engine and oil in the ground helps keep it cool but we suck it out and pollute the circumstance of the world with it. So, to generalize me because I live out west is blatant and wrong. As a matter of fact, here in Canada the population in the east  uses more gas. Think about it.

54 minutes ago, Kulemin said:

To compare the basic family unit to society as a whole and then tell someone to think about their post for five seconds is gold. I'm sorry that something that glaringly obvious isn't apparent to you, and I hope it's just optimistic naivety. There are reasons (biological and psychological) that you treat people in your family different than people not in your family. Innateness of behavior at an individual level is different than the innateness of it at a societal level.

It's incredibly simplistic to think a society of a hundred million people behaves the same as a family unit, or that it could.

Can you elaborate a single reason why, or will it be more naked assertions and weasel words masquerading as an argument?

4 hours ago, Raiden said:

Did you know electric heating is the same price as gas heating? 

Probably not, as gas companies have been flooding the internet and communities with "Electric costs more, takes longer to operate and isn't as effective at heating". 

What they don't mention? That is compared to baseboard heaters. Everyone can go electric heating. Well, maybe not you guys. Your government kind of fucked you over making your electricity a private company thing. But Manitoba has stupid cheap electricity. 

I dunno where you live, but here, fuck no. Electric heating is the most expensive thing you could possibly get.  42 days of electric heating - 20 deg set - $1,200.  It costs me $500 for my wood for the year or if I went propane or oil about 400$/month.

But this shouldn't be a thing in 2019 no matter where you live.  Renewables should already be well in place and sufficient.

9 minutes ago, Armster said:

I dunno where you live, but here, fuck no. Electric heating is the most expensive thing you could possibly get.  42 days of electric heating - 20 deg set - $1,200.  It costs me $500 for my wood for the year or if I went propane or oil about 400$/month.

But this shouldn't be a thing in 2019 no matter where you live.  Renewables should already be well in place and sufficient.

That's what I mean. Ontario is fucked. Manitoba isn't, well not in that way, electric is cheap. 

1 minute ago, Raiden said:

That's what I mean. Ontario is fucked. Manitoba isn't, well not in that way, electric is cheap. 

Not going to disagree with that. Look at who our leaders have been in this province though.

1 minute ago, Armster said:

Not going to disagree with that. Look at who our leaders have been in this province though.

Yeah. I'm getting solar panels quoted right now for my roof. 

I actually had Tesla quote me for a battery and the shingles that are solar panels lol fucking cool shit out there. 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:10 PM, Konstantin Konstantinovich said:

Can you elaborate a single reason why, or will it be more naked assertions and weasel words masquerading as an argument?

Context influences behaviour. In humans, the context of living together and sharing the same food provides the grounds for strong social bonding to occur. The behaviours that arise out of this nurture kinship relationship are cooperative rather than competitive. I'm not going to begin to explain why parents take care of their children.

These contexts and behaviours do not apply the same on a large scale.