Konstantin Konstantinovich

Battleground Thread No. 19-19012

See OP  

4 members have voted

1. 1. See OP

• Yay
    • Nay

On 6/5/2019 at 9:04 PM, Raiden said:

That's what I mean. Ontario is fucked. Manitoba isn't, well not in that way, electric is cheap. 

Well if you're looking for efficiency electric is 99% efficient. Your increase in costs come from poor insulation and windows, etc. 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:17 PM, Kulemin said:

It's always a very touchy subject when talking to people out west about moving away from oil/gas/coal.

Are we ready to stop cold turkey tomorrow? No. But we should be preparing to do so in the next few decades. Ramping down is an absolutely possible and most likely a necessity.

The market is shifting to electric cars. That's one thing I would expect us to continue to rely on gas for in the next decade or two but not further than that. We'll continue to use oil for plastics for the foreseeable future, and for lubrication purposes. :csb:

14 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Yeah, but you're smart and shit. 

Nah it's nothing to do with me. Most of the time the wasted energy is lost as heat. If heat is the end goal then most of the work is done through physics. You lose efficiency at that point in some noise generated or from non visible light. 

The real joke of all this is, energy producers say that price is high due to low demand. If the demand was higher they could move more and charge less. Insert disbelief here. 

8 minutes ago, Nipzie said:

Nah it's nothing to do with me. Most of the time the wasted energy is lost as heat. If heat is the end goal then most of the work is done through physics. You lose efficiency at that point in some noise generated or from non visible light. 

The real joke of all this is, energy producers say that price is high due to low demand. If the demand was higher they could move more and charge less. Insert disbelief here. 

That is why I installed all my lighting in the floor instead of on the ceiling.

I kid bro,..but mind blown right? haha

Edited by Danny