Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

GDT: Blues at Maple Leafs | Monday October 7, 2019 @ 7:00PM EST - TSN 4 | Tuning Up The Band Edition

17 minutes ago, Mitchy said:

Todd and I have never met, but he was passing through Toronto a couple of years ago and wanted to meet somewhere for a drink because he knew I lived in Thornhill.

It didn't happen, but I kind of regret it.

One thing you can say is that he is resilient.

1 hour ago, Mitchy said:

I already told you, I like Todd, he's a good guy.

There aren't enough good guys in the world and the number is shrinking every day.

I feel like you don’t know Todd well enough to say if he’s a good or bad guy. Most of us don’t know people here well enough to actually form an opinion on them as a person, not just a name on a forum. 

I have three examples. Raiden and Brockton both stepped up and offered large support for me last year when I needed it - other members did too, but these two offered financial support when they didn’t have to. For that, I would call them good guys. On the flip side, there’s a member here who people really liked, and it turns out he’s a piece of shit human. 

The point I’m trying to make is that you can’t Really determine if someone is a good or bad person just based on their posting habits. 

15 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

I feel like you don’t know Todd well enough to say if he’s a good or bad guy. Most of us don’t know people here well enough to actually form an opinion on them as a person, not just a name on a forum. 

I have three examples. Raiden and Brockton both stepped up and offered large support for me last year when I needed it - other members did too, but these two offered financial support when they didn’t have to. For that, I would call them good guys. On the flip side, there’s a member here who people really liked, and it turns out he’s a piece of shit human. 

The point I’m trying to make is that you can’t Really determine if someone is a good or bad person just based on their posting habits. 

There's no question that the examples you gave of Raiden and Brockton coming to your aid are examples of good people, but you didn't mention if these two individuals knew you personally. If they didn't, then they decided to come to your aid solely from your internet persona. If that's the case, then they must have seen something that drew you to them.

I don't know how much of Todd's personal life he divulged on this forum, but on another forum that I am part of, he divulged quite a bit. He could have been lying, but I don't think so, and from the things that I learned from him, he's definitely a good guy.

Just now, Kowalski said:

anger management gets harassed probably more than anyone on this forum. But that did not stop the majority of us doing a fund raiser for the guy a few years back when he needed our help. Exactly what Mantis is saying here.

No, I don' think that is what he's saying.

How many of you that contributed to that fund raiser knew AM personally?

1 minute ago, Mitchy said:

No, I don' think that is what he's saying.

How many of you that contributed to that fund raiser knew AM personally?

I am going by the three example part of his post. I don't believe anyone knew him personally.

7 minutes ago, Mitchy said:

There's no question that the examples you gave of Raiden and Brockton coming to your aid are examples of good people, but you didn't mention if these two individuals knew you personally. If they didn't, then they decided to come to your aid solely from your internet persona. If that's the case, then they must have seen something that drew you to them.

I don't know how much of Todd's personal life he divulged on this forum, but on another forum that I am part of, he divulged quite a bit. He could have been lying, but I don't think so, and from the things that I learned from him, he's definitely a good guy.

No one here knows me personally. I’ve met two members in person. Tie and the piece of shit I mentioned, whose name I won’t be using right now. Tie and I met in passing, he sharpened my skates years back. The other guy, I don’t know if he even realized it was me but I knew it was him. To add to the point I was making, when brocto first joined, I chirped him hard. He and I did not get along. Same with Raiden and I. Time passed, and Raiden and I started getting along better, but broc and I definitely still weren’t fans of each other when he stepped up. I don’t think it was anything about me as a person. They both recognized that I was just a human in need of help, and they offered with the resources they had available to them. 

Also, after I made that post, I realized that I don’t know how well you know Todd so realistically, I’m in no position to tell you whether or not you know him well enough to call him a good guy. But if you’re basing that statement exclusively off posts he’s made and not actual interactions you’ve had, I’d advise you to take those posts with a grain of salt. Again, the vast majority of members here probably would’ve said “good guy” about the member I know is a piece of shit. A few people (myself included) might have said “weirdo”, but we would’ve been in the minority. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

We contributed because even though he’s an annoying dumbass at times, he’s still a human with a family, and we wanted to help.

So, he could have been lying all along, but something in his posts made you believe him?

Maybe doesn't belong here, but this is a much better discussion than the Blues-Leafs. 

Edited by Mitchy

4 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

No one here knows me personally. I’ve met two members in person. Tie and the piece of shit I mentioned, whose name I won’t be using right now. Tie and I met in passing, he sharpened my skates years back. The other guy, I don’t know if he even realized it was me but I knew it was him. To add to the point I was making, when brocto first joined, I chirped him hard. He and I did not get along. Same with Raiden and I. Time passed, and Raiden and I started getting along better, but broc and I definitely still weren’t fans of each other when he stepped up. I don’t think it was anything about me as a person. They both recognized that I was just a human in need of help, and they offered with the resources they had available to them. 

Also, after I made that post, I realized that I don’t know how well you know Todd so realistically, I’m in no position to tell you whether or not you know him well enough to call him a good guy. But if you’re basing that statement exclusively off posts he’s made and not actual interactions you’ve had, I’d advise you to take those posts with a grain of salt. Again, the vast majority of members here probably would’ve said “good guy” about the member I know is a piece of shit. A few people (myself included) might have said “weirdo”, but we would’ve been in the minority. 

Wow PM me I need to know the drama 

2 minutes ago, Mitchy said:

So, he could have been lying all along, but something in his posts made you believe him?

AM has never been clever enough to pull something like that off. Plus I’m pretty sure one of Jhator or Loxcane literally had to pick him up because his car wasn’t working. Lox, Jhator, and Rockweiler got to meet him in person and experience it first hand. They probably would’ve been able to figure out if he was lying to us

3 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

AM has never been clever enough to pull something like that off. Plus I’m pretty sure one of Jhator or Loxcane literally had to pick him up because his car wasn’t working. Lox, Jhator, and Rockweiler got to meet him in person and experience it first hand. They probably would’ve been able to figure out if he was lying to us

I agree with you that you can't definitely know someone just from his posts, but hell, you can't definitely know someone if you've met them personally either, really.

11 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

How did this Leafs vs Blues thread turn into this?

Be grateful that you weren’t around during this past offseason. You could tell it was the dog days of summer.

Although, this conversation is kinda interesting...

Edited by Morrison7

Just now, Mitchy said:

I agree with you that you can't definitely know someone just from his posts, but hell, you can't definitely know someone if you've met them personally either, really.

Yeah sometimes you meet someone and spend years with them have kids with them and then find out they’re really not who you thought they were and they take every last dime from you and take your kids and leave you broken depressed LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER