Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

GDT: Maple Leafs at Red Wings | Saturday October 12, 2019 @ 7:00PM EST - HNIC | Time To Shift Into Next Gear Edition

1 hour ago, Илья Андреевич Михеев said:

We're about to lose to a team that has Tyler Bertuzzi on its top-line.

Christ.

Damn it, I hope you're not right again.

If you are, it will be time to shed my happy face and start bitchen.

Edited by Mitchy

2 hours ago, Morrison7 said:

That Bertuzzi line to start the season has be fucking incredible. The Tavares line better figure it out because you know that’s what Babcock’s matchup will be.

Even after they get scorched for 3 goals against, they'll still be out there. And Matthews will be on the bench after scoring 2 goals and 2 assists. 

#JustLeafThangs

Just now, Raiden said:

Even after they get scorched for 3 goals against, they'll still be out there. And Matthews will be on the bench after scoring 2 goals and 2 assists. 

#JustLeafThangs

Leafs lose, Babcock proceeds to leave the Tavares line alone, Spezza and Petan draw back into the lineup.

#JustLeafThings.

5 minutes ago, CognitiveBias said:

Why make changes to the Tavares line when you can just reduce their ice time some more. Tavares only played 17 minutes last game.

Because they’ve been awful and I don’t want to see them together anymore?

Edited by Morrison7

4 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

Because they’ve been awful and I don’t want to see them together anymore?

I think we need to wait more than five games to bust that line up.  They way they played last season should allow for a lot more string.  Once Marner fixes whatever the hell is going on with him, things will change.  Tavares too.

16 minutes ago, Armster said:

I think we need to wait more than five games to bust that line up.  They way they played last season should allow for a lot more string.  Once Marner fixes whatever the hell is going on with him, things will change.  Tavares too.

That’s fair. I just wanted to see what Mikheyev or Moore could do on that line that Kapanen so far can’t, is all.

On the positive side William Fucking Nylander is back. He's carrying the puck confidently and making good plays. I expected this to happen. One of our top two lines is going to be going at a time. If we get both going in the playoffs we have a great chance. I also believe our defense should be one of the better groups we have had in a while. I think we're really going to benefit from a rough start and a coaching change. Pittsburgh won the cup twice after midseason coaching changes, so did Sr Louis, so did Los Angeles. If we have a mid season coaching change I'm throwing $100 on us winning the cup and another $50 on a Eastern Conference finals win.

Edited by Kulemin