Sign in to follow this  
Devin Weston

GDT: Maple Leafs at Capitals | Wednesday October 16, 2019 @ 7:00PM EST - Sportsnet | Let's Cap It Off With Another Win Edition

10 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

All this firepower and we look as impotent as a 90 year old. 

You watch your mouth, sonny.

Well the inconsistency in this club so far is proof to me that we are far from "great" and probably only borderline "good". Perhaps somewhat "mediocre".

Well we're basically 4 wins and 4 losses to start the season... Definitely not the start any of us expected... Schedule isn't going to get any easier coming up either. The concerning part with this start, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and now Washington we've all lost to. We need to find a way to beat these good teams which we can't seem to get ove the hump of doing.

Edited by Matthews34

7 minutes ago, Morrison7 said:

How much longer are Shanny and Dubas going to let this go on for......serious question.

Who do you replace him with, though?

Keefe is obviously the guy they want and are grooming the role for. Does he come up halfway thru the year? That doesn't seem like a good idea. 

1 minute ago, §andman said:

Keefe is obviously the guy they want and are grooming the role for. Does he come up halfway thru the year? That doesn't seem like a good idea. 

Why not?

Just now, §andman said:

And keeping around Babcock and his stubbornness would do what instead? They cannot waste this season. No Dermott and Hyman aside, we’re seeing the same shit again.

Firing the coach mid-season seemed to work for Pittsburgh twice and St. Louis...

“Kerfy was having a real strong game like a real gud pro. Real gud pro’s deserve real gud opportunities. Tough ply’r that played tough minutes. So, tough ply’r and a real gud pro gud pro ply’r tough opportunity gud pro… and get back at it hard tomorrow.” - Babcock on why Kerfoot was on the ice over Matthews and Marner with the net empty, probably.

After the Tavares goal, Kapanen played the final 2:06... Matthews played 16 seconds. Just fire the coach.

Edited by Morrison7

Missed the game again, but I just watched the replays.

You guys were being overly hard on Hutch. The 4th goal he should have had, but the 3 others were missed assignments by the D and backchecking forwards.

Sure he missed the 4th one, but how many games has Andersen played this year without giving up at least one bad one and in some games two?

Our D is STILL very suspect.

Babcock is another story for another time.

Edited by Mitchy

Not giving up on them yet even the coach he has to break his stance sooner or later only redeeming quality is we bottom out and still get to keep our first rounder and go for the lottery pick, i know this is our window of opportunity, but we backed ourselves into a corner and gonna have to dig our way out.

1 minute ago, Matthews34 said:

I wonder if we keep playing 500 hockey, how many games do we need to play before a coaching change happens.

We got a home and home vs Boston this month..and back against the Caps at the end of the month pretty sure we will be close to .500 before the end of the month and i can see the pitchforks getting warmed up.

7 minutes ago, Matthews34 said:

I wonder if we keep playing 500 hockey, how many games do we need to play before a coaching change happens.

Shanahan and Dubas will give Babcock the benefit of the doubt at least until Dermott and Hyman are back and have played in 5 or 6 games.

That's the minimum, it could be Christmas.

Edited by Mitchy

I knew going in that we needed backup goaltending, a defensive dman and a new coach. Derm and Hym won't make much difference at all.

Fire Babcock, put Mik with Tavares, land the best backup that becomes available, and we'll be able to hide our weaknesses once Freddy gets hot. In the meantime, we might as well settle in for some shyte hockey 

10 hours ago, §andman said:

Yeah, and I was in favor of bringing him up as an assistant just to help give him a bit of experience before throwing him into the position, which would have been nice, because I really like Keefe and he's the guy I want to take the HC position in place of Babcock.

Personally I would fix the team before I changed the coach.

I mean hasn’t Babs wanted some bigger tougher  more defensive minded players in this mix all along?.... that’s the impression I have got.

But maybe you guys are right and we can win a cup with offence and no grit toughness or personality.

Yes. Fix the team. Because this is a lineup that sould be struggling to play .500 over 3/4 season.

One day some of you will actually watch hockey outside of the Leafs and it will change your perspective on the game.  Or you won't and "we will just keep fixing the team"